151 messages over 19 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 18 19 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 65 of 151
22 January 2014 at 4:09am | IP Logged 
Josquin wrote:
The posts which I didn't correct didn't contain any mistakes.
Oder kein Deutsch :D :3
1 person has voted this message useful

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4320 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 66 of 151
22 January 2014 at 1:12pm | IP Logged 
Is it too late to join Team Spaß?

I would currently rate my level of German as B2 for reading/listening and B1 for speaking, and who-knows for writing.

BTW: When I was a child growing up in Australia a 'spass' (sp?? - I've never seen it written) was someone someone who was clumsy, coming in the typically non-PC sensitive world of children from spastic, that is for someone with neurological motor disorder. But it was used affectionately in the sense of "you spas" - like "you idiot".

My log can be found here: Massive input in Berlin.

Edited by patrickwilken on 22 January 2014 at 2:16pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 67 of 151
23 January 2014 at 3:26am | IP Logged 
As far as I know it's not too late, no.

I've learned Rammstein - Haifisch, mostly by playing it in the expert mode on lyricstraining. (expert mode is when you type the whole lyrics)

BAnna
Triglot
United States
Joined 4409 days ago

409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 68 of 151
23 January 2014 at 3:33am | IP Logged 
@patrickwillen

In the US, we used the same epithet "spaz". Apparently the equally insulting version in German is Spasti.

The definition listed something I've never heard of: "window licker"... is that British?Definition of Spasti

ummagumma
IrelandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5043 days ago

217 posts - 241 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 69 of 151
23 January 2014 at 9:04am | IP Logged 
Yeah BAnna.

Window licker is a derogatory term used on our side of the pond. Very visual based term
for someone who is "not the full shilling"!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5872 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 70 of 151
23 January 2014 at 9:27am | IP Logged 
patrickwilken wrote:
BTW: When I was a child growing up in Australia a 'spass' (sp?? - I've never seen it written) was someone someone who was clumsy, coming in the typically non-PC sensitive world of children from spastic, that is for someone with neurological motor disorder. But it was used affectionately in the sense of "you spas" - like "you idiot".

Spaß is pronounced with a longer "a" thanks to the ß, and sounds different than "spastisch". I'm sure team Spaß is not making a reference to someone who can't control themselves -- unless they can't control themselves while laughing or having fun :D
2 persons have voted this message useful

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4320 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 

Message 71 of 151
23 January 2014 at 11:07am | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:

Spaß is pronounced with a longer "a" thanks to the ß, and sounds different than "spastisch". I'm sure team Spaß is not making a reference to someone who can't control themselves -- unless they can't control themselves while laughing or having fun :D

Yeah. But in Australian English the 'a' in 'spass' is also long like in Spaß (the 'a' is spastic is short though). Both words sound surprisingly similar to my ears, especially if you speak German with an Australian accent! ;)

So oder so, ich wünsche euch allen Spaß beim Deutsch lernen!

Edited by patrickwilken on 23 January 2014 at 11:19am

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 72 of 151
23 January 2014 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
What about the s though?

This discussion contains 151 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version