PERSIAN TEAM Cyrus (کوروش) TAC 2014

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
47 messages over 6 pages: 1 2 3 4 5
luhmann
Brazil
Joined 5120 days ago

156 posts - 271 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*
Studies: Mandarin, French, English, Italian, Spanish, Persian, Arabic (classical)

Message 41 of 47
12 September 2014 at 12:12pm | IP Logged 
Le Persan Sans Peine, Teach Yourself (by farzad), Living Language and Routlege Farsi Shirin Ast come with my highest recomendations. The Grammar book by John Mace is absolutely essential.
2 persons have voted this message useful

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5136 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 42 of 47
12 September 2014 at 6:36pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the tips Luhmann, sorry to be a pain but do you have any specific comments about those books and their qualities (because I can only afford one, plus the grammar book)? I don't speak French so the Le Persan sans peine wouldn't work for me.
1 person has voted this message useful

akkadboy
Triglot
France
Joined 5195 days ago

264 posts - 497 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Yiddish
Studies: Latin, Ancient Egyptian, Welsh

Message 43 of 47
17 October 2014 at 9:24am | IP Logged 
As I can not create a new topic at the moment I thought it worth mentioning here that Iranian texbooks for primary and secondary schools can be downloaded here (use the links on the right to access the books by level). As far I can see this seems to be quite extensive with textbooks on language, literature, history, religion, calligraphy, mechanics...

This coupled with the Children's Library amazing collection should provide plenty of carefully graded easy (to not so easy) reading.

Edited by akkadboy on 17 October 2014 at 9:25am

4 persons have voted this message useful

Talib
Diglot
United States
Joined 6448 days ago

171 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (classical)
Studies: Arabic (Egyptian)

Message 44 of 47
15 January 2015 at 2:22am | IP Logged 
Is anyone still interested in the Persian team?

I am starting to learn Persian with the Living Languages course. I hope to learn basic aspects of the language with that course, especially the pronunciation.

Edited by Talib on 15 January 2015 at 2:26am

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4655 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 45 of 47
15 January 2015 at 8:46pm | IP Logged 
Talib, I'm still learning Persian. I'm continuing the log posted in the first entry of this thread. How about joining this year's TAC team Rare? I'd be very glad if there was someone else learning Persian on the team!

What got you interested in the language?

Edited by druckfehler on 15 January 2015 at 8:47pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3834 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 46 of 47
15 January 2015 at 8:48pm | IP Logged 
I miss Persian :)

Talib
Diglot
United States
Joined 6448 days ago

171 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (classical)
Studies: Arabic (Egyptian)

Message 47 of 47
15 January 2015 at 10:45pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
Talib, I'm still learning Persian. I'm continuing the log posted in the first entry of this thread. How about joining this year's TAC team Rare? I'd be very glad if there was someone else learning Persian on the team!

I am happy that I am not the only one learning Persian. I'm not ready to become a full fledged member of the team Rare yet, but I can participate in the posts about learning Persian from time to time.

druckfehler wrote:
What got you interested in the language?

I am mostly interested in the spiritual poetry. In a way, I would rather not read it in translation because I would like to experience it for the first time in the original language.

For now, I am still working on the sounds and basic reading. The similarity to the Arabic script definitely makes things easier for me, but there are enough modifications in it to require some additional practice.

This discussion contains 47 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version