Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: German, Italian

Message 1 of 11
28 December 2013 at 4:31pm | IP Logged 
Italian A2 --> B1+
I decided to focus on Italian this year. I joined the Italian TAC team and I'll work hard to make as much progress as possible in the language. My aim is to reach solid B1 level (and for passive skills maybe even B2). I'll continue to work with my textbooks and Anki. I also plan to add some additional materials for practising listening and reading skills to my resources.

German B1+ --> B2
I'm more or less at B1+ level right now with strong passive skills (especially reading and good passive range of vocabulary) and very weak grammar knowledge. This year I want to focus more on grammar and improve it. I believe it's necessary to have solid grammar foundations in order to reach advanced level. Also I'd like to learn some business German.

English
It's hard to say at which level I'm now. 2.5 years ago I finished C1+ course but I haven't really learnt since then. The main activities I do when it comes to English is extensive reading and listening.
I hadn't a grammar textbook in my hands for more than 2 years now and I've recently noticed that I already forgot many rules so I definitely need to revise some grammar. I think it would be wise to add some intensive reading and listening activities to my approach as well.

Swedish A0 --> A1
I'd like to focus on this language more in the second half of the year. Right now I'm only flirting with the language and culture.
1 person has voted this message useful

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4423 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 2 of 11
09 January 2014 at 7:19am | IP Logged 
Good luck with your Italian studies! We're fellow members of Team Forza.

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 

Message 3 of 11
12 January 2014 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
Agantik, many thanks! Good luck with your studies as well!

Italiano
01-12 gennaio

Ciao a tutti!
Purtroppo, non ho fatto molto nelle prime due settimane di gennaio. Ho guardato la meta del primo episodio dei Cesaroni. Questo e il seriale che Gary ha menzionato nel suo diario. Mi piace molto ma e anche troppo difficile per me in questo momento.

La grammatica che ho imparato/ripetuto: passato prossimo, imperfetto, imperativo, pronomi diretti e indiretti.

Ho anche imparato/ripetuto il lessico relativo alla cucina, parti del corpo e malattie.

PS. I probably made at least a few mistakes in the above text, please let me know if you notice any.

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4995 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 4 of 11
13 January 2014 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
Il linguaggio dei Cesaroni è abbastanza informale, e si usa un po' di dialetto romano, così non sarà facile per chi non ci è abituato... Molte persone parlano così e ovviamente vale la pena di poter capirle, ma al tuo livello (hai detto A2) forse ti conviene provare qualcosa di più facile, ovvero "standard".

Accent marks are important and I'd say that not including them is a mistake. If you're not able or don't know how to write them on your computer, it's very common and accepted to use apostrophes at the end of the word instead (e' for è, meta' for metà, perche' for perché, etc.).

Anyway good luck with your studies!

Edited by garyb on 13 January 2014 at 7:15pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 

Message 5 of 11
08 November 2014 at 3:47pm | IP Logged 
I hasn't written here anything for almost a year. Shame on me, I know. I've learnt languages within that period and made some progress, however maybe it's not as big as I was dreaming about. In the meantime I've changed my focus and now I'm concentrating mainly on English. I need to improve it and reach full professional fluency asap so there's a quite challenging task ahead of me, including mastering more advanced vocabulary, developing listening skills and making my writing and speaking flawless.

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 

Message 6 of 11
09 November 2014 at 4:46pm | IP Logged 
English
Today I watched a few videos on coursera website and listened to a podcast related to productivity.

Words for today:
sagacity
serendipity
interleave
embark on
encumber
burdensome
plough through something
comprise

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 

Message 7 of 11
10 November 2014 at 9:17pm | IP Logged 
A few words for today:
gazebo
hose
cauldron
condominium
lunge
muzzle
endow
endorse
tenement
enticing
clothes horse

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5312 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 

Message 8 of 11
11 November 2014 at 6:34pm | IP Logged 
English
Today nothing ambitious, I've only listened to some youtube videos and also gone through some topics on this forum.

Words for today:
dissipate
blister
kid around
beware
fumble
to all intents and purposes

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version