Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5764 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 9 of 161
31 December 2013 at 5:51pm | IP Logged 
This has to be the best TAC log title I've seen!

Good luck with your studies next year. It looks like we have similar goals for German. When it comes to French, I have some catching up to do!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4791 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 10 of 161
02 January 2014 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, g-bod!

Well, I need to catch up on German :-)

so far: My illness damaged my New Year Eve's plans and a two days long vacation but I had more time for languages. I am still reading the same books. I have been watching Lost Gril in French (in French it is Baiser Fatal, I believe) and I love the show! It uses a lot of the usual motives and so on but it is well done and amusing for me(unlike Sanctuary, which I found to be boring as hell despite being similar in the ideas recycled). I did a bit of french grammar review as well. (pronouns direct, indirect etc.)

ASCR (=advanced super challenge residuals, it actually goes quite well with the fact I see myself as the Snail now :-D )
French movies: +3 =six episodes of Lost Girl

and now it's time for some test preparation. I have a lot of work, who knows how much will I do for my languages in the next two weeks. French shouldn't suffer much (one of the school tests of the next week is French) and the rest... we'll see.

I fell out of my Anki habit. Any ideas how to motivate myself to get back into it? I thought of a piece of chocholate for every 100 repetitions but that would be too much chocholate :-D

Edited by Cavesa on 02 January 2014 at 6:14pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Mareike
Germany
Joined 6006 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 11 of 161
02 January 2014 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
I'll only do my repetitions if I don't have the feeling, that I'm doing them.

If I sit in front of my pc and force me to do anki repetitions, I will get bored.
I have a smartphone and I'm doing all the repetitions during my way home, waiting of the train or waiting of sth. else.
I use all the small breaks for doing them, even if I only do a few cards, that summarize.
After a few weeks this will become a habit. If I have to wait, I'll get out my mobile.

I never do more than 10 minutes at a single blow. But at the end of the day, I have often more than a hour.

But your choclate idea sounds very nice, too. Maybe I'll try it next time. Luckely I didn't have any New Years resolution for my weight.

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3997 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 12 of 161
02 January 2014 at 7:49pm | IP Logged 
This will be a good read.

I wish you best of luck with your target languages.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5177 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 13 of 161
02 January 2014 at 7:57pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
I fell out of my Anki habit. Any ideas how to motivate myself to get back into it? I thought of a piece of chocholate for every 100 repetitions but that would be too much chocholate :-D

I like the chocolate idea. The only problem is ... I think it would interfere with my treadmill goals for the year. At least the "get more fit" idea behind them. :)

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4989 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 14 of 161
03 January 2014 at 11:22am | IP Logged 
Good luck! Going to Spain for a month would be a dream for me, so make the most of it :).

Mohave
United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3789 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 15 of 161
09 January 2014 at 2:10am | IP Logged 
You so have my vote for the BEST language log title ever! Thanks for stopping by my log, and I am looking
forward to being on Team Triomphe with you! Your ability to learn so many languages at one time is
amazing, and I wish you the best on your upcoming exam in French!

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4791 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 16 of 161
09 January 2014 at 2:26am | IP Logged 
Thanks, garyb! I've just got the requirements list to complete in a week or two. Forms to fill in, motivational letters to write and so on. It is quite huge but I am excited more than enough to get through the bureaucracy :-)

Thanks, Mohave. My "secret ingredient" is very simple. I don't learn all the languages at the same pace and at the same time. I have periods of high activity for one or two, than for others. In the rest of the time, I am progressing really slowly through fun things, like books and tv series. It does help me progress (not only maintain, I can see tiny microsuccesses quite often) and I am eager to have such fun even when my other study load is too heavy to add serious study sessions on the top of that :-) And thanks for your vote, teammate ;-)

By the way, I accidentally found this jewel on the internet: http://weknowmemes.com/2012/10/go-home-snail-you-are-drunk/

About the actual languages: This is a period of huge study load for my obligatory subjects at university. But I am reading and I am watching during any break I can afford.
ASCR French movies: 17 episodes of Lost Girl (I love it too much)= +8,5 movies

This discussion contains 161 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version