Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 97 of 118
18 February 2014 at 6:24am | IP Logged 
Back on the road this week; however just for a day then back home tomorrrow. When I'm in the airplane I sure do get a lot of studying done!!

German - spent about 50 minutes on Anki, read through a new GEO podcast today regarding Geothe that made me late this AM to work and took about 30 minutes; listened to about 20-30 minutes of podcasts and music.

Spanish - Spent 45 minutes on Anki and listened intensily to podcasts for about 20 minutes. Spent about 25 minutes on Duolingo, needed to catch up on my Duo progress.

French - listened to Pims for about 15 minutes and did about 20 minutes of Duo lessons
1 person has voted this message useful

ryanl321
Groupie
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 

Message 98 of 118
19 February 2014 at 4:11am | IP Logged 
Wanted to log my progress while I'm waiting in the Phoenix airport:

German - about 15-20 minutes on Duo, watched three approx. 7 minute Video Themas. I was surprised how
my listening has improved with my practice. I don't know how much I was able to put together but I found that
I listened more effectively. As a result, I was able to identify more words than before. Still not putting together
sentences when they're talking fast but I found that I have improved in this area which was encouraging.
Getting on Anki with German right now so should be about 20 minutes into that when I land in SD. Also
listened today to some other podcasts that amounted to about 15 minutes.

Spanish - completed all new words in two Anki Spanish decks that I assembled from podcasts I've been
listening too. This is a big accomplishment for me because I can grab some more podcasts to listen to finally!
Spent 37 minutes on Anki and got caught up on Duo that took about 15 minutes. Listened to about 15
minutes of podcasts, which included LSLC.

French - I plan to listen to about 25 minutes of Pims on my car ride to my house tonight. Nothing else done
on French today.

ryanl321
Groupie
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 

Message 99 of 118
20 February 2014 at 6:05am | IP Logged 
Nothing out of the ordinary today, typical day with a bit of study and some work. Got in a great swim and bike
workout today as well:

German - Read through and listened to langsam Nachrichten auf dw.de, completed my Anki deck with all of these
words so my approach was just to see if understood at a slow pace. I'll download the regular pace after I master this
slower one. That took in all about 15 minutes. No Anki today nor Duolingo. Heard about 5-10 minutes of music;
other than that nothing else with German.

Spanish - About 10 minutes of podcasts; nothing more. Will try to hit some Anki tonight before I go to bed.

French - got in about 30 minutes of Pims.   

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5646 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 100 of 118
21 February 2014 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
I'm impressed you were able to get study in at the airport. I have trouble just trying to read!

ryanl321
Groupie
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 

Message 101 of 118
21 February 2014 at 5:38am | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
I'm impressed you were able to get study in at the airport. I have trouble just trying to read!

I travel a bit so I can usually be very productive at the airport and on the plane. I use to work at the airport but now I
just do fun things for myself. Obviously my priorities have changed!

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5646 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 102 of 118
21 February 2014 at 9:50pm | IP Logged 
Changed for the better ;)
2 persons have voted this message useful

ryanl321
Groupie
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 

Message 103 of 118
24 February 2014 at 12:30am | IP Logged 
I've been gone all weekend skiing in Durango with my buddies. We do this once a year, and this usually falls
on my b-day so logging in my study time has been understandibly lacking. However, I really stressed
yesterday to keep my Duolingo streak going. So we made it back to Alb by 11:30pm and I got in one Duo
lesson before the day ended! If I was so concerned that if I lost out on my streak I would have reduced
commitment to Duo. So glad I kept the streak up!! Anyway, here is my log for the weekend:
German - On the plane ride on Friday I of course got in massive amounts of Anki, finishing my German decks
with in about 45 minutes. Did only a few lessons in Duo, I'm 111 points behind as of today. I do not want to
reset my goal. I will get caught up in German. I would really only need about a solid hour at the desktop to
accomplish this. Did listen to my podcasts on the way to the airport and throughout Friday, and watched
"Over the Top" in German for about half the plane trip to Alb. Today, I'm listened to about 30 minutes of
podcasts and ran through about 10 minutes of Anki.

Spanish - Completed my Anki decks in about 45 minutes on Friday and listened to 1 1/2 podcasts ~20
minutes. Spoke with a buddy of mine in Spanish after skiing sitting at the bar but that didn't get too far before
he made fun of my "weird conjugations". Clearly not good to practice with buddies while at the bar! Got in
about 10 minutes of podcasts today and will hit up my Anki. I'm on track with Duo.

French - I've done nothing with French over the weekend, except some 10-15 minutes of Pims early Friday
AM. I'm not concerned, I will jump back on this Monday

ryanl321
Groupie
Joined 4145 days ago

94 posts - 101 votes 

Message 104 of 118
25 February 2014 at 3:35pm | IP Logged 
Stayed home yesterday but didn't get as much studying in as I wanted.

German - Got about 10 minutes of audio in with 5 minutes of Duo, that's it! Downloaded a new deck from GEO
audio so I'll learn those cards and get that audio moving forward next.

Spanish - Did about 40 minutes of Anki throughout the day. Listened to maybe 10 minutes of audio.

French - Did 30 minutes of Pims

For today, need to try and do a better job of tracking just home much time I'm spending on each language. Need
to consider at the beginning of the day rotating which language I will devote more attention to so I have a better
plan of hitting each one at least twice a week and getting more balance in my studies. However, I need to do at
least something for each language daily

This discussion contains 118 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version