91 messages over 12 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 89 of 91
21 June 2014 at 8:15pm | IP Logged 
Any translated versions yet? I'm interested but I won't read it in English :P

As for Benny's references to old-fashioned classes, the thing is that conversation classes leave you with an inadequate grammatical accuracy, making them a poor choice for passing exams (including international ones) or business purposes. I'd say most learners associate conversation classes with the direct method, which has a less than ideal reputation nowadays. Many are actually tired of the "modern" stuff and want the "tried and true" methods. Or they might be the opposite of Benny and think class time should be spent on grammar, whereas with the availability of Skype, social networks and lang-8 they can practise on their own.

Edited by Serpent on 21 June 2014 at 8:22pm

1 person has voted this message useful

irishpolyglot
Nonaglot
Ireland
fluentin3months
Joined 5420 days ago

285 posts - 892 votes 
Speaks: Irish, English*, French, Esperanto, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Sign Language
Studies: Mandarin

Message 90 of 91
22 June 2014 at 6:51pm | IP Logged 
The publisher is confirming translations through international contracts.

So far German is a definite go, Brazilian Portuguese is looking likely.

I made sure to put it into my contract that the publisher has exactly one year from publication (deadline March 2015) to sell the rights to non-English speaking markets. Any they DON'T sell the rights to, I automatically get them myself and will have the book translated to as many languages as possible, for either traditional or self-publishing ;) So, next year, expect to see it in many languages! (Apart from an Esperanto edition, which there will definitely be one of, all translations will be done by natives and experienced translators)
5 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6384 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 91 of 91
22 June 2014 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I've seen this info and I think that's an important clause. Was just asking how it's going/when to expect any translations :)

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 91 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version