Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 33 of 38
18 June 2014 at 11:34pm | IP Logged 
Just finished Lower Intermediate 4 at JP101 today, 8 days late - life got too busy for me to pay attention to Japanese towards the end of the semester... And I needed a bit of a break before doing anything study-like :-) I've gotten a little bit done most days but not much. Oh well. Good times these days regardless :-)

Liz

Edited by Lizzern on 18 June 2014 at 11:35pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 

Message 34 of 38
23 June 2014 at 11:20pm | IP Logged 
Just passed 700 lessons at JP101, 8 days late. And that's all I should really say today because I am not feeling good about Japanese right now. Bah. So I'm really just posting for the sake of it, cause it's a round number... Yeah.

Liz

Edited by Lizzern on 23 June 2014 at 11:21pm

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 

Message 35 of 38
27 June 2014 at 12:51am | IP Logged 
Done with Lower Intermediate 5, 4 days late. Right now I'm pretty tired of the whole thing, so I will just keep going with the bare minimum and not much else. My health hasn't been the best this week so I'm hoping the way I feel about Japanese these days is just affected by that. I feel like I should probably be doing different things that are fun instead of actual lessons, but I honestly don't have the energy to get into anything new right now or even seek out other things. Later I guess.

Liz

Edited by Lizzern on 27 June 2014 at 12:52am

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 

Message 36 of 38
12 July 2014 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Last post before I go on vacation :-) Just finished Lower Intermediate 6 today, a week late. Not sure how active I'll be for the rest of the summer, but we'll see ;-)

Liz

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 

Message 37 of 38
25 August 2014 at 10:42pm | IP Logged 
Just passed 800 lessons at JP101. I'm almost done with Intermediate. I took some time off from Japanese over the summer but I've been doing 3-5 lessons a day for a while now. Things will get busier with uni soon so not sure how much Japanese I'll have time for... I have a few months left of my 1-year thing now and will focus on activating what I know. Speaking is a priority this time around... But Japanese has been harder than other languages I've studied, and I feel like it's hard to say something that makes sense and expresses what I want, beyond basic things. Still not sure how I'll approach it... I am not the type who enjoys language exchanges for the sake of language learning only. I'll think about it a bit more and we'll see what I do :-)

Liz

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5709 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 

Message 38 of 38
29 August 2014 at 11:27pm | IP Logged 
Just finished Intermediate at JP101, on time. I'm at kind of a weird level now where there are big chunks I don't understand or I understand every word in the sentence but not what it actually means, and other times where I understand things perfectly. At this point I need more native materials as input and more speaking practice... I've been listening to more interviews and so on recently but I need lots more. That, along with practicing output more, seems to be the next step at this point. I know I make lots of mistakes but at this point I'm sure that's normal and has to be done :-)

Liz

This discussion contains 38 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version