chloem14
United Kingdom
Joined 5479 days ago

21 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Latin

Message 1 of 5
16 January 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged 
Returning to do some active work on my French after a very slack year; these websites
were my favourite listening resource by a long way and have made a huge difference to my
comprehension, but they appear to be offline now? Just wondering if anyone knows what
happened to them? The last trace I can find seems to be from about April last year, but
theres no takedown note or response to queries on youtube. Any chance of them ever going
back up?
1 person has voted this message useful

sctroyenne
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5180 days ago

739 posts - 1312 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Irish

Message 2 of 5
16 January 2014 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
I was just looking for them yesterday in order to recommend them in the French resources
thread. I wouldn't be surprised if he got takedown notices (TeamSubtitle gets them and
their accounts get pulled very frequently). Or perhaps it got too expensive to run. I
wish I knew his name so we can try to find him and find an answer :(

Sandy
United Kingdom
Joined 5417 days ago

37 posts - 61 votes 

Message 3 of 5
16 January 2014 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
David Archer was the guy behind that site. He has posted on here but I can't remember his site name. On his youtube vidoes he complained about copyright problems so he might just have given up. It's a pity because his sites were great.

David Archer youtube
3 persons have voted this message useful

Mohave
United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3796 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 4 of 5
16 January 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
Sandy wrote:
David Archer was the guy behind that site. He has posted on here but I can't remember his
site name. On his youtube vidoes he complained about copyright problems so he might just have given up.
It's a pity because his sites were great.

David Archer youtube

What great YouTube videos, I wish the sites were up and running! Thanks for sharing!

Heriotza
Groupie
Dominican Republic
Joined 4469 days ago

48 posts - 71 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 5 of 5
28 January 2014 at 9:06am | IP Logged 
I managed to find pretty much all the material of both sites in Archive.org: sonenfrançais.organd listentofrench.org

3 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version