Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
29 messages over 4 pages: 13 4  Next >>

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 29
22 January 2014 at 12:08pm | IP Logged 
By the way, I added a list yesterday with the threads that didn't seem to be tied to the TAC 14 system (leaving some 30 doubtful cases that may have an affiliation or not). You'll find it in message 5.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4419 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 10 of 29
23 January 2014 at 2:19pm | IP Logged 
If the idea in message 5 is to have a complete list of all logs not linked to TAC, then I would be happy to se my second log (A bit of anything - living languages) included in the list. The link is here.
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6377 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 11 of 29
24 January 2014 at 4:22am | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
I have added renaissancemedi to Team rare after a PM from team leader Luso, and yesterday I added myself to the Asgard team as guardian angel/godfather for Danish on the assumption that the team won't mind having an empty slot filled out - but in this case I hadn't received a confirmation, I just saw that the team needed a native Danish on the post.
Thanks for being the Danish godfather, by the way!

Can you (or any other mod) edit the first post of the sign-up thread to say that new teams aren't going to be formed anymore? Ie so that it's no longer needed to list all your languages and levels, but rather choose from the existing teams, and preferably go directly to the team thread(s) to ask. Oh and obviously it needs a link to this thread.

Edited by Serpent on 24 January 2014 at 4:24am

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 12 of 29
24 January 2014 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
@ Serpent: done

@ Ogrim: done

@ Crush: wouldn't the logical team for your Basque adventure ne the one reserved for rare languages?

@ Yaan: I'll await information from the team leaders before I change the lists in message 2 & 3 above (although I may do a complete round through all the team threads sometime in February to catch any belated changes to the member lists)

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5127 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 13 of 29
17 February 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged 
Hi Iversen!

I just wanted to inform you that we’ve had a last-minute addition to our Advanced ESL Team:
Yaan

PS. Thanks for the huge work you’ve done to prepare this indispensable umbrella thread.

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 29
17 February 2014 at 12:51pm | IP Logged 
I have added Yaan to the ESL team.

I know that there are late arrivals on several other teams, and my plan has been to check the lists in this thread against the first message in each of the team threads here in February. However these messages will probably have become uneditable for the team leaders by now, so I hope that you will inform me either by PM or by posting in this thread as Emme did.

We also have to opposite problem, namely finding out who still are active throughout the year, but using the same tactic as with the 'non affiliated' threads I can find out which threads have been updated during a certain period and which are been stone dead. We can decide on the relevant timespan for verified inactivity later, but one or two checks in 2014 would probably be enough.

Edited by Iversen on 17 February 2014 at 12:58pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6377 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 15 of 29
17 February 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged 
In the log subforum even regular members can edit their messages in their own threads without a two-week limit. There's a bug related to that, but a solution has been found it seems.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5627 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 29
22 February 2014 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for putting the link to my "Nordlys" log in this umbrella thread. I have still contact to team members of the Scandinavian TAC - team and I follow the activities of this TAC - team. This enables their team - members and other people interested to find my log easily. (Of course, if they enjoy reading my language study experiences written in Danish and Norwegian).

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 22 February 2014 at 7:26pm

This discussion contains 29 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 13 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version