United States
Joined 3721 days ago

26 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*, Dutch*
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 1 of 3
20 January 2014 at 7:40am | IP Logged 
Hello all!

I am new to these here forums... actually, that's a lie.

I've been here since 2008 under a different account (FVerschoor). A while back (maybe about a year ago) I changed my email, the account got deactivated to make sure the email address was valid, clicked the link... and it still hasn't been activated. Emails have gone without response, so I decided to make a new account, because not being able to post was killing me. :)

So, anyways. Here I am! I'm hoping to participate in TAC, even if I'm a couple weeks late. I don't really care, but I value the interaction and feedback in learning languages, it has always helped me in the past.

A little about me:

Born in the Netherlands, moved to the United States as a kid. I'm far more comfortable with English than Dutch, so one of my goals is taking that language out of the closet and improving my skills - vocabulary, intonation and sentence structure, I feel, are my weaker points.

Studied both Spanish and Russian at university, love them both, so am keeping on studying those as well.

I have two kids whom I'd like to raise bilingual (Dutch and English) so that's another motivating factor. My oldest is only two, so I have plenty of time to make that work.

I have lots of other languages I'd like to learn, as you can see on my profile, so maybe someday soon I'll start to make a dent in those. We'll see...
3 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6463 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 3
20 January 2014 at 9:50am | IP Logged 
One of my ingenuous moderator collegues actually found a method to reactivate those accounts that 'die' because of an attempt to change an email address - but hopefully we won't need it too often. In any case I'm are happy to see you back here.
1 person has voted this message useful

Fiona S.
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 3721 days ago

26 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*, Dutch*
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 3 of 3
20 January 2014 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
I'm glad to be back, Iversen. I was tempted just to never bother logging in... but to be honest, I love this message board far too much!

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version