Joined 3722 days ago

26 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English, German*, Spanish, French, Italian
Studies: Dutch, Danish, Mandarin, Japanese, Russian

Message 1 of 4
24 January 2014 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
Hi I am Jenny from Germany.
I do love languages, as many of you do.
I grew up with English and German, and when it came to studying, I decided on languages. I studied Spanish to become a translator one day. Voluntarily I added a French course to my workload. For a couple of years, after university, I did not learn any language. Then one day I dove into some textbooks and started learning on my own, without classes, schools or teachers.
I have been a bookworm my entire life, craving for knowledge. I simply think that knowledge connects, as you can find people with the same interest and you might find a community to talk to, and a topic to talk about. Of course, it can be a very lonely hobby as well, as hardly anyone shares your passion. I prefer my room to a library, as I cannot stand the noise. I have quite a collection of books, and I love diving into them regularly - well, not as much as I used to. Nowadays it's mostly languages I am working with.
I am interested in all kinds of topics like Arts, History and Medicine / Biology / Psychology. I also enjoy classical books and poems. Probably many of you have the same interests, as learning languages has so much to do with Literature, History and Psychology. I believe that those topics cannot exist without each other.
I have been reading this forum for quite some time now, as I am constantly searching for apolicable learning methods.
I am not only learning languages, but I am also a language teacher, and hope to be able to help others with their goals, and be an inspiration, as I know how it feels to learn a language.

Edited by crazyleseratte on 24 January 2014 at 12:43pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5022 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 4
24 January 2014 at 1:09pm | IP Logged 
With five languages under your belt, you will be a valuable member. Welcome to the forum, crazyleseratte! I'm looking forward to your posts.
1 person has voted this message useful

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4293 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 3 of 4
24 January 2014 at 1:17pm | IP Logged 
I am looking forward to your posts as well. Welcome indeed!

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4769 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 4 of 4
24 January 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged 
crazyleseratte wrote:
I do love languages, as many of you do.

Wrong. We ALL do :-D

Welcome to the forum, Jenny, nice to meet you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version