Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Hi !!

Language Learning Forum : Members profiles Post Reply
LondonDream
Triglot
France
Joined 3706 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: French*, English, Arabic (Maghribi)
Studies: Spanish, Italian

Message 1 of 5
05 February 2014 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
Hi everyone :) ! I'm currently a languages student at university and I've been
interested in languages for about 7 years I think and when I discovered this forum I
thought it could be very helpful :D.

I'm a native french speaker, and I'm also fluent in algerian arabic because my parents
are algerian. I've tried to learn classical written arabic as well, but I just can't
lol .

I'm also fluent in english. Actually, I didn't "want" to learn it, I just enjoyed
english and my Scottish teacher was really passionate about her work and made me want
to know more about English, so at 13 I started to read books/ watch tv shows which were
not available in french, and I also listened to songs with lyrics on youtube, read the
comments and looked up unknown words, and without really noticing I acquired a lot of
vocabulary and improved my oral comprehension :).

I also took Spanish classes for 3 years at school, but had to stop for a year and I did
not study on my own so I've lost a lot of vocabulary and get kinda confused with the
conjugation, but I can still understand about 70% of a text or a video. I just started
learning again and I'm taking a Spanish class in my university, I hope I'll be able to
improve fast, because I just love Spanish so much, as well as the
music/literature/cinema :).

I also started Italian at the beginning of the school year. So far I like it, but I
tend to mix it with Spanish sometimes, especially when it comes to numbers :/.

I'd like to learn Brazilian portuguese as well because I love Brazilian music, but I
want to improve my Spanish and Italian first .

Edited by LondonDream on 05 February 2014 at 4:06pm

1 person has voted this message useful

emk
Diglot
United States
Joined 5291 days ago

2615 posts - 8806 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2
Studies: Spanish, Ancient Egyptian
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 5
05 February 2014 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to HTLAL! That's an impressive list of languages you have there. :-) Please feel free to join us in the forums or to create a "Language Learning Log".

Zireael
Triglot
Poland
Joined 4410 days ago

518 posts - 636 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, Spanish
Studies: German, Sign Language, Tok Pisin, Arabic (Yemeni), Old English

Message 3 of 5
05 February 2014 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
I'm also fluent in English. Actually, I didn't "want" to learn it, I just enjoyed
english and my Scottish teacher was really passionate about her work and made me want
to know more about English, so at 13 I started to read books/ watch tv shows which were
not available in french, and I also listened to songs with lyrics on youtube, read the
comments and looked up unknown words, and without really noticing I acquired a lot of

Sounds familiar, now I wish I could repeat this trick with my Spanish or German or Arabic.

LondonDream
Triglot
France
Joined 3706 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: French*, English, Arabic (Maghribi)
Studies: Spanish, Italian

Message 4 of 5
05 February 2014 at 5:23pm | IP Logged 
Zireael wrote:
Quote:
I'm also fluent in English. Actually, I didn't "want" to learn
it, I just enjoyed

Sounds familiar, now I wish I could repeat this trick with my Spanish or German or
Arabic.

Haha same for me, I noticed that when you wish to learn a language it's more harder and
"less natural" than when you do it without really working for it, like learning grammar
and stuff like that.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4925 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 5 of 5
05 February 2014 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
Welcome LondonDream! I am Brazilian and I can speak French, we can get in contact if you
want.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version