rlnv
United States
Joined 3732 days ago

126 posts - 233 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 1 of 3
06 February 2014 at 2:03am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone. I've been a member since late January, and only realized there was the member profiles area. Better late than never to say hi!

I come to HTLAL with only my knowledge of English. I recently turned 50, and am in the process of learning French. I've been fairly aggressive with the undertaking so far, and have set a goal to sit my B2 test at the end of February, 2015. Since I've never participated in language learning, only time will tell if I can accomplish my goal in that time frame. At the very least, I would like to be conversational, with good pronunciation at that time.

I would like to thank members of HTLAL for all the wisdom and knowledge that you have already given me through extensive reading of the archives here. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

I've started a log. Please stop by if you are interested in my journey. I would also like to join some of the teams and challenges after a while.   
1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5043 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 3
06 February 2014 at 2:43am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum, rlnv! It's never too late to learn a language. I wish you great success in reaching your goal.

Edited by iguanamon on 06 February 2014 at 2:44am

rlnv
United States
Joined 3732 days ago

126 posts - 233 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 3 of 3
09 February 2014 at 2:07am | IP Logged 
Thank you for the welcome, iguanamon. This forum has definitely been a gold mine of information. I hope to give some back in return in the future as I progress.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version