Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5560 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 9 of 13
06 February 2014 at 4:09pm | IP Logged 
Some minor mistakes. Nothing that would make it hard for a native speaker to understand you.

entschlossen - short o vowel
I think you have still have some problems producing a clear short/long vowel distinction.
You also seem to find some words with -ch- as in ich difficult - Technik, dadurch

And, you seem to transfer a lot of expressions and sentence patterns from English. While I think it's okay to do that to make communication possible, do try to learn how German clauses are connected in speech. For example, you use 'so' and 'also' when I would use 'und deshalb' to mark that what I just said is the broad context I wanted to provide you with and now I am going to make my point. Things like word order in subordinate clauses. I could go back through the recording and point out every little instance of this, but I think that's not the information you need from a one time comment on the internet. Your strategy does work for communication, and you'll probably pick up some things simply from listening, and others if you have a change to do a language exchange and/or spend some of your listening time analyzing recorded dialogue and memorizing expressions for things you would've expressed differently.

Edited by Bao on 06 February 2014 at 4:10pm

1 person has voted this message useful

albysky
Triglot
Italy
lang-8.com/1108796Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4182 days ago

287 posts - 393 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German

Message 10 of 13
06 February 2014 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
Bao wrote:
Some minor mistakes. Nothing that would make it hard for a native speaker to understand
you.

entschlossen - short o vowel
I think you have still have some problems producing a clear short/long vowel distinction.
You also seem to find some words with -ch- as in ich difficult - Technik, dadurch

And, you seem to transfer a lot of expressions and sentence patterns from English. While I think it's okay
to do that to make communication possible, do try to learn how German clauses are connected in speech.
For example, you use 'so' and 'also' when I would use 'und deshalb' to mark that what I just said is the
broad context I wanted to provide you with and now I am going to make my point. Things like word order
in subordinate clauses. I could go back through the recording and point out every little instance of this, but
I think that's not the information you need from a one time comment on the internet. Your strategy does
work for communication, and you'll probably pick up some things simply from listening, and others if you
have a change to do a language exchange and/or spend some of your listening time analyzing recorded
dialogue and memorizing expressions for things you would've expressed differently.

If i transfer English patterns in German , i think i do it unconsciously . Af for technik , when making the
recording i forgot it has a ch in the middle ,thus i pronounced it as teknik .
Havig relistened to the recording i do think i say too often und and so, yes once i should have said und
deshalb , most of the time i could have completely avoided saying both if i had been a bit quicker to go on
to the next clause , the fact is that my German is not yet automatic and have to think quite a bit when
speaking . Anyhow ,thanks for the feedbacks.

Bao
Diglot
Germany
tinyurl.com/pe4kqe5
Joined 5560 days ago

2256 posts - 4046 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin

Message 11 of 13
06 February 2014 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
Yes, it seems mainly a matter of being able to use the things you know already with greater ease and automacity. Not need to explain or justify, I just wanted to encourage you to work on automacity and accuracy and may have come across as curt.

chiagnology
Italy
Joined 3734 days ago

11 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: Italian*
Studies: English, German

Message 12 of 13
11 February 2014 at 1:46am | IP Logged 
Hi Alberto,
You look like a more evolved version of myself eheh. How long have you been studying German?
I will be interested in your progress as I'm learning the very same languages you are into right now.
I wish you the best.Viel Glück!

albysky
Triglot
Italy
lang-8.com/1108796Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4182 days ago

287 posts - 393 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German

Message 13 of 13
11 February 2014 at 12:59pm | IP Logged 
chiagnology wrote:
Hi Alberto,
You look like a more evolved version of myself eheh. How long have you been studying German?
I will be interested in your progress as I'm learning the very same languages you are into right now.
I wish you the best.Viel Glück!

Ciao ,
I have been learning it for about 2 years , overall about 550 hours of mainly L/R . I think i have sort of
reached a plateau . I understand almost everything i listen to , but i do not speak so well because i have
spoken very little , to progress further i need 2/3 months full immersion ,which at the moment is not
possible .
Ich wünsche dir auch viel glück mit deinem studium :-)

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version