https://projetopoligRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3908 days ago

175 posts - 289 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, FrenchB2, English
Studies: Russian

Message 9 of 12
18 February 2014 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
I don't like manga either :)

I understand you. I did also the same thing... few months ago I almost felt into
temptation of studying japanese, because I'm travelling to Japan this year.

But I simply can't study more than 2 languages. Sometimes I think I should drop russian
in favor of french, since french is my priority.

I can't understand how people here are able to study so many languages at the same
time.

Keep up with your English. You are doing very well, judging by the way you write.

1 person has voted this message useful

Melya68
Diglot
France
Joined 4078 days ago

109 posts - 126 votes 
Speaks: French*, English

Message 10 of 12
18 February 2014 at 7:10pm | IP Logged 
Thank you for your encouragement. I don't understand how people do it either.
Fairy Tail isn't a bad manga, but I tend not to have much patience for stories that drag on for too long. I gave up after volume 10. However, the anime is pretty good.
I had the same problem with scanlations of Death Note, and a few other manga.

Melya68
Diglot
France
Joined 4078 days ago

109 posts - 126 votes 
Speaks: French*, English

Message 11 of 12
19 February 2014 at 12:32am | IP Logged 
Well, it seems like I can't follow my own advice these days.
I spent hours studying Japanese today. I then proceeded to watch Mirumo de Pon! in Japanese... and it went better than I expected.
I had the English subtitles to help me, of course, but I managed to understand several words (いう  あした  はい  いいえ ゆき). I know it probably doesn't seem like much, but I've only been studying Japanese for two days, and I'm a complete beginner. I can't seem to be able to write some of the hiragana with the IME, but here goes. Other words I've learned:よろしく  ありがとうございます book: hon (保?) みる あなた おや あお あか か す せ すみません こんにちわ さ うなら (konnichiwa and sayounara, I don't know if this worked.)

I'm not done learning hiragana (or kana in general) yet, but I'm getting there.
I studied Chinese for a while 7 months ago, so hopefully I still remember part of the 50 characters I learned.

In case you're wondering, I probably just have language wanderlust. However, I'd really like to remember the hiragana for as long as possible, because even if I quit Japanese, I might want to start learning it again one day.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4922 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 12 of 12
22 September 2016 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
I don't know what Kanji is 保 and I don't even know how to read it. The frequently used Kanji for "book", on the other hand, is 本.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version