Language Learning Forum : Polyglots Post Reply
24 messages over 3 pages: 1 2 3  Next >>
Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 1 of 24
08 February 2014 at 11:44am | IP Logged 
I am pleased to say that we have the full backing of the Cultural Center of Novi Sad to organise the 2nd Polyglot Conference in the wonderful city of Novi Sad, Serbia. Emanuele Marini and I went to Novi Sad to meet with the people at the Cultural Center there and put this video together for you.

You will be able to find out more on the PolyglotConference.com website.

We hope to see you in Novi Sad on 10-12 October 2014! :)

Edited by Fasulye on 03 December 2014 at 10:14pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

pesahson
Diglot
Poland
Joined 5508 days ago

448 posts - 840 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese, Norwegian

Message 2 of 24
08 February 2014 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
Novi Sad seems like such a beautiful city. I love the name too (which means New Orchard).It's a great choice. It's great to know that the head of the Cultural Center is also a language enthusiast!

Edited by pesahson on 08 February 2014 at 3:10pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5627 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 24
08 February 2014 at 3:11pm | IP Logged 
Thanks a lot, Richard, for giving first hand - information to our forum members on HTLAL!

Interesting to hear you speaking Serbian with Emanuele on the introduction video - but I am also happy reading the English subtitles because I don't understand the Serbian language at all.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 08 February 2014 at 3:12pm

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 4 of 24
17 March 2014 at 7:41pm | IP Logged 
We have just launched the Registration Page on the site for anyone interested in attending. We hope to see as many people there as possible. It promises to be another great event and fantastic opportunity to meet up and do what we all love doing...speaking our languages and talking about them too! :)

I think it would be pretty cool to run a "Learn Serbian" challenge, so we can practice it there. What do you think?
4 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6689 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 24
17 March 2014 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
I got this message:
"We have needed to close the registration page now due to high interest in the event."

Wow, that's what I call high interest. 10 minutes later, and the registration page is closed. :)

However, there's a link to the FB page (in case anyone has an account there).

Edited by jeff_lindqvist on 17 March 2014 at 7:55pm

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 

Message 6 of 24
17 March 2014 at 8:13pm | IP Logged 
jeff_lindqvist wrote:
I got this message:
"We have needed to close the registration page now due to high interest in the event."

Wow, that's what I call high interest. 10 minutes later, and the registration page is closed. :)

However, there's a link to the FB page (in case anyone has an account there).

Glad you alerted me to that, Jeff. Checking it out now and hopefully we should be up and running again very soon. Definitely room left! :D

Update: Test done and seems to be working fine. Please do try again and let me know, if there are any issues. :)

Edited by Torbyrne on 17 March 2014 at 8:13pm

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 7 of 24
18 March 2014 at 12:03am | IP Logged 
I'll be in Berlin in June, and I would really like also to go to Novi Sad, but it is a problem that both events take place in 2014 - and before I have had time to learn Serbian.

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5875 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 

Message 8 of 24
18 March 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
I'll be in Berlin in June, and I would really like also to go to Novi Sad, but it is a problem that both events take place in 2014 - and before I have had time to learn Serbian.

You already have one of the languages represented in Novi Sad...and I am sure that you can pick up enough Serbian. Iversen, it would be fabulous if you could make it to Novi Sad too. As you know, I have much respect for you and I was really pleased to see you in Budapest last year. I am sure I am not alone in my appreciation and admiration for you in what you do on this forum in particular. However you decide, I will understand. Just wanted to let you know that it would certainly mean a lot to see you in Berlin and Novi Sad. :)

This discussion contains 24 messages over 3 pages: 2 3  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version