Language Learning Forum : Advice Center Post Reply
Stassri
Korea, South
Joined 3908 days ago

23 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Korean*

Message 1 of 5
16 March 2014 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
Please recommend some big Russian forums or other kinds of sites (news sites, for instance) with lots of members, or lots of people if they're anonymous, where they can discuss various topics on current issues, life, and so forth. I don't know any Russian and I'm not planning to learn it in near future, I will just use web translators such as Google Translate to read Russian, but I think reading Russian people's opinions on various topics will probably get me interested in the language. Well, it would be certainly less boring than only reading newspaper articles, I guess.
1 person has voted this message useful

Stassri
Korea, South
Joined 3908 days ago

23 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Korean*

Message 2 of 5
25 March 2014 at 12:12am | IP Logged 
Any advice, please?...:(

lingoleng
Germany
Joined 5108 days ago

605 posts - 1290 votes 

Message 3 of 5
25 March 2014 at 2:00am | IP Logged 
Stassri wrote:
Any advice, please?...:(

Hello Stassri,

I am sorry that I do not really know any good fora of the kind you are looking for - the few Russian sites I visit frequently have something to do with chess and, let me think, books or languages - but maybe you can find something by starting from sites like the following:

webtalk.im (many fora, but many with few visitors only, and some quite dubious ones, too, don't blame me, please)

ucoz.ru (there is a kind of ribbon in the middle of the site where you can click some fora)

There must be much more, maybe you find something by following some lucky link from a minor forum.

Sorry again,
good luck!
2 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4517 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 4 of 5
26 March 2014 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
VKontakte is the main social network in Russia and other Russophone countries.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4525 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 5 of 5
26 March 2014 at 2:41pm | IP Logged 
There's a forum called "MasterRussian", for Russian learners. I think it fits perfectly what you want.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version