Brazil
Joined 5340 days ago

32 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*
Studies: English, Italian, Norwegian

Message 9 of 15
24 March 2014 at 12:43am | IP Logged 
Ogrim,
Thanks! I'll try to keep in mind these guidelines, though I'm sure I'll end up mixing it up again!

Expugnator,
Where did you find these books? I can't find any here in my city (SP)... perhaps I should buy them on the web?
Any TV series you'd recommend? I always feel like "true" material if better to study.. maybe I'll try to find "Simpsons" in Norwegian lol

Sooo a late update:
These last days were a bit busy for I had to deliver part of my thesis.. but I tried not to stay too long without studying a bit.
Now I'm currently on chapter 11 of my book, I'll finish it in the next 2-3 days, for sure.
Everything went ok so far, just a doubt on a grammar topic:

Everytime I want to express possession, if the possessed item is from the refered person I should always use sin (si/sitt/sine) and not hans/hennes?

*EDIT* grammar mistake :P

Edited by victoraero on 24 March 2014 at 12:43am

1 person has voted this message useful

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4433 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 10 of 15
24 March 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged 
victoraero wrote:

Everytime I want to express possession, if the possessed item is from the refered person I should always use sin (si/sitt/sine) and not hans/hennes?

*EDIT* grammar mistake :P

Yes, you use "sin" if the possessed item refers back to a third person who is the subject of the sentence. To give you some examples:

Han elsker sin kone (He loves his wife).
Hun har sin egen leilighet (She has her own appartment).

If it refers to a person who is the object of a sentence however, you must use hans/hennes:
Jeg så Petter og kona hans på teateret i går (I saw Peter and his wife at the theatre yesterday).
Jeg dro på ferie med Anne og broren hennes (I went on holiday with Anne and her brother).

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 11 of 15
24 March 2014 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
victoraero: I buy Norwegian fiction from either ark.no or digitalbok.no . It's pricey,
but I stay a few weeks with a novel because I'm comitted to reading only 10 pages a day.

victoraero
Brazil
Joined 5340 days ago

32 posts - 33 votes

Message 12 of 15
25 March 2014 at 12:04pm | IP Logged 
Ogrim,
Thanks, it seems like it's the first grammatical rule I really got it right lol

Expugnator
I'll take a look at these, thanks!

Så, jeg har lest en artikkel om ebola-viruset. Rundt seksti mennesker har dødd av ebola i Afrika, meste i Guinea, men det finnes noen døde i Liberia også. Jeg tror at etterforskning er viktig fordi ebola er en dødelig virus (nesten nitti prosent av mennesker at får syk dør av det) og i dag vi er mere koblet enn i fortiden. Nå det er enklere å reiser, så vi kan spre sykdommene rundt i verden.

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4433 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 13 of 15
25 March 2014 at 3:57pm | IP Logged 
Nice work, just a few mistakes I have corrected, you can see them in bold:

Så, jeg har lest en artikkel om ebola-viruset. Rundt seksti mennesker har dødd av ebola i Afrika, de fleste i Guinea, men det er noen døde i Liberia også.
Jeg tror at forskning er viktig fordi ebola er et dødelig virus (nesten nitti prosent av alle som blir syke dør av det) og i dag er vi nærmere hverandre enn i fortiden. Nå er det enklere å reise, så vi kan spre sykdommene rundt i verden.

A couple of comments: "mest" is the superlative of "mye" - a lot, and cannot be used in plural, you need to say "fleste".
Virus is neutral gender.
"Etterforskning" means "police investigation" or similar, I think you mean "forskning" like in scientific research.
Your use of "koblet" is a bit strange. I've assumed that you mean that people are closer together than before.
When you introduce a clause with "nå" you put the verb before the subject.

3 persons have voted this message useful

victoraero
Brazil
Joined 5340 days ago

32 posts - 33 votes

Message 14 of 15
30 March 2014 at 6:24pm | IP Logged 
Ogrim,
Thanks for your help :)
Some of these words were found on google translate.. Unfortunately I still don't have a good dictionary.
Also, word order is still a bit difficult, but I guess it's just a matter of practice.

Well, this week was busier than I planned. Got problems with my thesis, but now I got some time to study.
So, just a bit of reviewing, no big problems.. Grammar topics were about tror/synes differences, som usage and adjectives. All good so far!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5141 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 15 of 15
27 December 2014 at 5:33pm | IP Logged 
Hej!

We’re practically at the end of TAC’14. Would you like to drop by at our Team Asgard thead and tell us how this year went for you and your Norwegian studies? The year final report is also valid for our team’s December challenge!

I hope to hear from you soon and in the meantime I wish you

Gott nytt år!

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version