Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Assimil 1957 German Without Toil sound

Tags: Age | Assimil | German
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
jpazzz
Groupie
United States
Joined 4843 days ago

54 posts - 76 votes 
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 2
01 April 2014 at 8:53am | IP Logged 
Hello, I hope one or more of you can help me locate downloadable sound files for the 1957 version of Assimil German Without Toil. My assumption is that the 1957 copy that I have is probably the same as any of the 1950s versions, and, quite possibly, 60s versions as well. [There don't appear to be normally printed copyright dates on Assimil books (Neither were there on the early Linguaphone books.), but the copy I've secured is marked: Depot Legal 1957.]

Anyway, in my old age, I've become increasing intrigued by the various and changing approaches to and techniques of language self study. Perhaps that can be excused in someone who was, for forty years, a college/university prof. Intellectual curiosity is a requisite of the job.

When, a decade or so ago, I tried to resurrect my long moribund German, I hadn't heard of Assimil. I used Berlitz and Linguaphone with good satisfaction. Now, I want to explore the Assimil approach and compare a recent version and one from a half century ago. I've bought a recent (but not current) Assimil German with Ease, and, as I said, I've gotten a copy of the 1950s book. Can anyone please tell me where I might find on the Internet a set of downloadable sound files for my 1950s version.

Thanks,
John
1 person has voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6177 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 2
03 April 2014 at 3:25am | IP Logged 
Please don't solicit copyrighted material.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version