905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 9 of 17
03 May 2014 at 1:09am | IP Logged 
Mrs. Dalloway wrote:
Thank you, Crush and daristani!
Many of those resources I knew already, and here's my small contribution

http://academiadesusardu.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/arregul as.pdf (a grammar of
Campidanese)
https://www.youtube.com/user/editoriasarda/videos?view=0 (interviews in sardinian to
book authors)
http://www.sardegnacultura.it/j/v/290?s=7&v=9&c=2479&c1=2801
&o=1&bt=1&qp=2&na=1&n=1000
(some literature - there's even a translation of heart of darkness by conrad!)

As far as radio and TV go, I'm going to have to ask my grandparents this summer. All I
remember is that my grandpa used to watch a program on the channel Videolina that was
entirely in Sardinian, but that's about it, I'm afraid. I'll keep you posted!

Crush wrote:
I would also try to encourage you to pick up Spanish as i think you'd pick
it up quite easily, but i see you've already got a pretty full plate on your hands.
Anyway, good luck!

I definitely will start working on it soon! I'm mostly memorising vocabulary for now,
but this summer a friend of mine is coming back from Argentina and I will probably
practise speaking with her.

Iversen wrote:
This doesn't sound like the agenda for an incredibly lazy person - at
least you must be a very active lazy person. I have of course noticed the passage about
Danish, and I hope you will keep a lifeline back to the language by reading a few
snippets here and there or watching videos or whatever you can find in our language in
your country.

Jeg er ikke virkelig doven, men sommetider tror jeg, at jeg kunne gøre meget mere med
min tid. Jeg kan også godt lide norsk og svensk, og jeg ville gerne lære dem (selvom
jeg kan forstå noget), men før det skal jeg blive meget godt til dansk. Jeg tror, det
er behageligt, at tale uden at være forvirret! Tak for alt :)

Hi Giulia, welcome!
I agree with Iversen, you're not that lazy ;) I'm mesmerized by your comment in danish,
because it is so damned similar to norwegian that I understodd a good part even if I
never studied danish and I'm studying norwegian from few days! By the way, interesting
choice, how comes that an Italian girl studies danish?
In ogni caso, complimenti ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4781 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC2, Russian
Studies: GermanA2, French, Danish

Message 10 of 17
03 May 2014 at 2:24am | IP Logged 
tristano wrote:
Hi Giulia, welcome!
I agree with Iversen, you're not that lazy ;) I'm mesmerized by your comment in danish,
because it is so damned similar to norwegian that I understodd a good part even if I
never studied danish and I'm studying norwegian from few days! By the way, interesting
choice, how comes that an Italian girl studies danish?
In ogni caso, complimenti ;)

I know! Sometimes I happen upon Swedish or Norwegian texts and it takes me a bit to
notice it's not Danish! As to why I chose Danish, it was very coincidental. I had to
choose another course in uni because I had enough credits, decided to take on a new
language, found the ones that didn't clash with my other lectures and chose between
them. I'd had some pleasant experiences meeting Danes before and the idea of studying a
less 'mainstream' language tickled me, so, here I am speaking a bit of Danish :)

Edit: just registered for a half super challenge in Russian, with the option to attempt
a half one for Spanish as well. We'll see how that goes!

Edited by Mrs. Dalloway on 03 May 2014 at 4:17am

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3859 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 11 of 17
03 May 2014 at 3:07pm | IP Logged 
Wow, it seems a lot of fun! :) Good luck!

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4781 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 

Message 12 of 17
05 May 2014 at 2:45am | IP Logged 
DA: Jeg kunne ikke læse meget for nylig, fordi jeg læser mest af alle for mine
eksamener. Men heldigvis skal jeg være færdig i to uge, og så kan jeg fokusere om mine
elskede sprog!

I have not been able to study as much as I would have wanted due, as I'm revising for
my end of year exams. I will be done in about two weeks and then I can focus on my
beloved languages!

ES. Por ahora he solamente visto algunos dibujos animados y series de tv en ruso por el
Super Challenge. Es un poco dificil por migo, ver la tv rusa, porqué muchas series
tienen representaciones de los roles de género qui son muy problemáticas, sino total
racismo. Deberìa ser acostumbrada a ese, si piensas que son en todas partes en la
televisiòn Italiana.

So far, I have only watched a few cartoons and tv shows in Russian for the Super
Challenge. It's quite hard for me to watch Russian tv, as most shows present very
problematic representations of gender roles, if not outright racism. You'd think I'd be
used to them, as they are pervasive of Italian tv as well.

FR. J'ai un rendez-vous avec mon amie demain, nous allons faire un examen général pour
voir à quel point on se dévrait désesperer. Mais j'ai étudié beacoup toute l'année, je
dévrais obtenir une bonne note.

I'm meeting with my friend tomorrow to have a general revision session, just to see
when we should start to feel despair. I've studied a lot the whole year, though, I
should get a good grade.

RU. я буду возврашаться домой в конце мая. буду читать все мои бедные книги, которые
ждут меня дома! а прежде всего, мне очень хочется играть на “Гитар Хиро“ у моего дядя!

I'm going back home at the end of May. I will read all my poor books, waiting for me
home! But first of all, I really want to play Guitar Hero at my uncle's!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4781 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 

Message 13 of 17
07 May 2014 at 5:09am | IP Logged 
DA. I dag havde jeg min anden eksamen, på antropologi. Den gik temmelig godt, jeg tror.
Endelig er der kun en mere og så skal jeg rejse hjeeeem!

Today I had my second exam, in anthropology. It went quite well, I think. So finally
I'm left with one last exam and then I can go homeeee!

FR. Je suis en train d'étudier un peu de linguistique maintenant. J'ai pu seulement
étudier du vocabulaire avec Memrise ajourd'hui, parce que je suis étée très occupée.
J'ai aussi decidé que je vais à étudier le turque dans l'été.

I'm studying some linguistics now. I've only been able to study some generic vocab on
memrise today, as I've been really busy. I've also decided that I will study Turkish
this summer.

DE. Meine Freundin wird aus ein Jahr in der Türkei zurückkommen und ich hoffe, sie wird
mir helfen.

My friend will come back from Turkey and I hope that she will help me.

Man, have I forgotten my German! I will be able to focus on languages as soon as I'm
done with exams. I can't wait! All I can sneak in right now is some Old English ;)

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5677 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 14 of 17
08 May 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Just a quick note, in French (unlike Italian) "être" forms its past with "avoir" and not "être" (j'ai été). There's also no "à" after "aller" when saying "going to" (je vais étudier) :)

Quote:
ES. Por ahora he solamente visto [1] algunos dibujos animados y series de tv en ruso por [2] el Super Challenge. Es un poco dificil por migo [3], ver la tv rusa, porqué [4] muchas series tienen representaciones de los roles de género qui [5] son muy problemáticas, sino total racismo [6]. Deberìa ser acostumbrada a ese [7], si piensas que son [8] en todas partes en la televisiòn Italiana.

1. I don't think it's common to separate the participle: "solamente he visto"
2. You should use "para" here (para el Super Challenge)
3. The -igo forms (-migo, -tigo) are only used with con: conmigo, contigo. Here you have two options: "Me es un poco dificil" or "Es un poco difícil para mí"
4. "Por qué" is "why", "porque" (no tilde) means because.
5. This should be "que". In Spanish there's no difference when "que" acts as a subject or an object, it's always "que".
6. I'd write this as "si no completamente racistas (¿sexistas?)" I'm not sure why sexist gender roles would be considered racist, though. ;)
7. This should be "estar acostumbrada a eso". Ser + past participle tends to suggest that something was done to you, kinda like using the third person plural (fui vista/me vieron).
8. Again, it should be "estar" here: "están en/por todas partes"

Espero que tengas algún tiempito libre para dedicar a tus idiomas pronto :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4781 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 

Message 15 of 17
08 May 2014 at 2:27am | IP Logged 
Thank you! I have neglected my languages so much during this first year of uni, my
grammar is all over the place *sigh* I will definitely start strengthening them all and
start to actually study Spanish grammar ;p

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5677 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 16 of 17
08 May 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged 
No problem :) I think you've got a good grasp on a wide range of languages, so i can only be a bit envious of you. But if you do decide to pick up Spanish, i'll be sure to stop by and try to push you along!

Te deseo mucho éxito en todos tus idiomas :)

This discussion contains 17 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version