Japan
Joined 4607 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 25 of 27
01 September 2014 at 3:10am | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
Amazon Japan is kind of funny. The day after I ordered the books, they sent me an e-mail saying that they were sending two of the books right away so they wouldn't be delayed and that the rest would be sent later. Two hours and 14 minutes later, they sent me another e-mail saying that they were now sending the rest of my books. Did they really think a 2 hour and 14 minute delay was that big a deal?! Both packages arrived at the same time anyway.

I find that in Japan some staff store are really quick to apologize for anything, and I mean anything, that has the slightest chance of offending a customer. Maybe they thought that the two hours and 14 minutes might make you a little bit steamed?

I remember once buying a drink at the local convenience store. I was trying to get some coins out of my wallet, and one slipped from my fingers, hit the floor and rolled away. The lady behind the counter quickly ran to get the coin for me (!), then she started apologizing to me for some reason. Did she think she caused the coin to fall from my hand? Did she apologize because she was so nice that she went to get the coin for me? Even to this day, I have no idea why she apologized.
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5094 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 26 of 27
01 September 2014 at 6:23am | IP Logged 
I am so happy to see that you are so active, and I find your log really inspirational :-) I also know how hard it
is to clean out a house, and particularly when your parents are still around. Mine had to both pass away
before we could get rid if anything. Otherwise it was the 'but we may need it one day'-philosophy which
prevailed.

I am really envious (and impressed :-) that your Japanese skills are so advanced. It seems like an impossible
language to learn for me :-)

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 27 of 27
22 September 2016 at 3:28pm | IP Logged 
kujichagulia wrote:

I remember once buying a drink at the local convenience store. I was trying to get some coins out of my wallet, and one slipped from my fingers, hit the floor and rolled away. The lady behind the counter quickly ran to get the coin for me (!), then she started apologizing to me for some reason. Did she think she caused the coin to fall from my hand? Did she apologize because she was so nice that she went to get the coin for me? Even to this day, I have no idea why she apologized.

My guess is that she apologized because she thought she was too slow to pick the coin.

This discussion contains 27 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version