United States
Joined 4471 days ago

480 posts - 700 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 1 of 5
18 June 2014 at 3:24pm | IP Logged 
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to warn my fellow forum users. A while back I had made a post about getting
Arabic materials for my brother. He stuck with it through the basics, so I decided to buy
him the Linguaphone Arabic course as a present. Well, after ordering, the course never
came. No emails or calls were ever returned. I've resorted to having to contact my bank
to have them challenge the charges, but it can take up to 60 days to get my stuff back.

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone to be wary of doing business with this
company. At least through this site.
3 persons have voted this message useful

fanatic
Octoglot
Australia
speedmathematics.com
Joined 6906 days ago

1152 posts - 1817 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French, Afrikaans, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch
Studies: Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Modern Hebrew, Malay, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 2 of 5
18 June 2014 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
Well, my experience with the company has been positive. I have bought three courses from them, Russian, Swedish and Dutch, and they have all arrived in good time. I bought the refurbished courses but I suspect they were all brand new, I did get around $150 discount off the new price so I was more than satisfied. The books were all in brand new, unopened condition and the CDs were all shrink wrapped in new condition.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again unless somebody else has bought the company.

Edited by fanatic on 18 June 2014 at 4:37pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

ericblair
United States
Joined 4471 days ago

480 posts - 700 votes 

Message 3 of 5
18 June 2014 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
Was it through the link I posted or did you maybe order through the UK site?
1 person has voted this message useful

fanatic
Octoglot
Australia
speedmathematics.com
Joined 6906 days ago

1152 posts - 1817 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French, Afrikaans, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch
Studies: Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Modern Hebrew, Malay, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 4 of 5
19 June 2014 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
Yes, I just did a double check and it was through the link you posted. The prices have risen since I bought my courses. I bought them over the past three years - about one a year. I also have the Linguaphone Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese courses. I bought the Portuguese course for $7 from a Salvation Army Thrift Store.

The Linguaphone courses are great. I would try your post office to see if they received your order and try the company again to see if they sent it.

They give a telephone number on their website - try phoning them.

Edited by fanatic on 19 June 2014 at 3:40am

ericblair
United States
Joined 4471 days ago

480 posts - 700 votes 

Message 5 of 5
24 June 2014 at 3:16am | IP Logged 
fanatic wrote:
Yes, I just did a double check and it was through the link you posted.
The prices have risen since I bought my courses. I bought them over the past three
years - about one a year. I also have the Linguaphone Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese
courses. I bought the Portuguese course for $7 from a Salvation Army Thrift Store.

The Linguaphone courses are great. I would try your post office to see if they received
your order and try the company again to see if they sent it.

They give a telephone number on their website - try phoning them.

I did try. I left messages and sent emails. No responses to anything. I've just taken
it up with my bank and hope to get a refund sorted out sooner rather than later. Having
no course and being out a few hundred dollars is not a happy time. I am glad that
others have had a positive experience, though. Just felt I'd post as a sort of "buyer
beware."

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version