Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5652 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 9 of 9
31 July 2014 at 1:58am | IP Logged 
There are also plenty of accents in Spain, just like there are different accents in the US and the UK. Unless you have a really good accent, the only things that will really give you away as having studied Spanish from Spain or from Latin America are the 'th' sound and the use of vosotros (also being careful with the verb "coger"). Though if you learn the vosotros form, the "standard" voseo used in some South American countries (Argentina, Costa Rica, Uruguay, etc.) will also make more sense.

Right now i think it's more about building up vocabulary and internalizing the grammar, you'll get used to the accents as you hear them more. I think Assimil is great for that.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version