Groupie
Germany
Joined 5208 days ago

82 posts - 141 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Swedish
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese, Thai, Russian

Message 1 of 12
07 August 2014 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
Searching the web, it seems very hard to find good Danish resources. (I have found a few websites like http://www.speakdanish.dk/ and there is a course on Babbel, but I haven't been able to find longer parallel texts, let alone ones that also come with audio. I did find Harry Potter audiobooks, but I'm not going to order Danish books and have them be shipped to Germany unless there is absolutely no other option.

Does anyone know of any resources suitable for L-R? Thanks!
1 person has voted this message useful

Cabaire
Germany
Joined 5380 days ago

725 posts - 1352 votes 

Message 2 of 12
08 August 2014 at 12:16am | IP Logged 
If you do not accept shipping costs, you may buy ebooks and their audio and download them.

But if you do not want to pay anything for materials, you have to look in the public domain.

An example would be Guld og Ære by Otto Martin Moller. The text is here and the audio there.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5101 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 3 of 12
08 August 2014 at 1:01am | IP Logged 
ReadBeyond offers a free ePub3 book with synchronized Librivox audio files of Udvalgte Danske Eventyr by Hans Christian Andersen for download. (I don't know whether it's suitable for L/R, though.)

Unless you have an iPad/iPhone with iBooks installed, you'll need to either install the Readium Chrome/Chromium extension or ReadBeyond's free Menestrello app.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 4 of 12
08 August 2014 at 3:40pm | IP Logged 
This one also has Andersen.
And yeah, it's kinda too short for LR. have a look at montmorency's posts, he's recommended various resources. I've only used Harry Potter so far, and I can't tell you which torrent site I got it from ;)
3 persons have voted this message useful

montmorency
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4609 days ago

2371 posts - 3676 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Danish, Welsh

Message 5 of 12
08 August 2014 at 4:29pm | IP Logged 
If you are OK with Krimis, then the "Department Q" series by Jussi Adler-Olsen are good,
and are available in Danish in audiobook form (unabridged) and as epub e-books.

They have been translated into German and you can probably buy paperback versions easily
and cheaply in Germany, or else you might find epub versions for sale.

(There are also English translations, although possibly not yet for the most recent
ones).

These are not in the public domain, and you would have to buy them.

LangOfChildren
Tetraglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 5208 days ago

82 posts - 141 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Swedish
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese, Thai, Russian

Message 6 of 12
08 August 2014 at 5:22pm | IP Logged 
Thank you for all the links and recommendations.

I think I will be using Harry Potter for now (as I'm already extremely familiar with the story) and might look into the Adler-Olsen thrillers and some of the fairytales after that.

I ended up buying an upub of Harry Potter og halvblodsprinsen, which was quick, but without a tablet I am forced to read it at the computer. I'm happy to have gotten my hands on *something*, however. (I never thought I would be interested in Danish!)

Tak allesammen!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 7 of 12
08 August 2014 at 5:49pm | IP Logged 
I strongly recommend you to spare your eyes and get an e-reader. I've had lots of problems due to reading off the computer screen.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4302 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 8 of 12
09 August 2014 at 3:22pm | IP Logged 
Given that you are German and have basic fluency in Swedish, you could skip L-R
altogether and just start listening to (easy) audiobooks. Compared to other sources of
spoken Danish, audiobooks are really easy to understand. But you'll see for yourself how
it goes with Harry Potter ;)

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version