Julie Remizova
Russian Federation
jremizova.com
Joined 3546 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes

Message 1 of 3
20 August 2014 at 2:28pm | IP Logged 
Dear all!

My name is Julie and I am a PhD student in the Institute for Linguistic Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences (St.
Petersburg, Russia). I am doing a research on expressing postures, gestures, mimics & emotions in the modern
languages of Europe.
That is why I am searching for informants who are native speakers of all European languages (excluding Hungarian,
Finnish, Turkish and Basque). It is crucial that informants are not linguists.

Briefly, the task of the experiment is to describe a picture on your mother tongue. There are 2 online surveys (and
probably there will be the 3rd one), each containing approximately 15 pictures. It takes less than 15 minutes to fill
in one questionnaire. I am sending them one after another so this experiment will not take much time. Your
participation will help me a lot to complete my PhD thesis and to promote science.

If you agree to participate please write me a private message or email (julie.remizova@gmail.com) providing
information about your mother tongue so I am able to send you a survey.

You can also provide the information following this link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aexIj6FvVVEi7VsgSvSRcg5DIau q-LgZwiEOTRducGo/viewform?usp=send_form

Please share this post with people who may be interested in participation.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Julie Remizova.
1 person has voted this message useful

rdearman
United Kingdom
rdearman.orgRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5033 days ago

881 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, French, Mandarin

Message 2 of 3
20 August 2014 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
Julie, you shouldn't post your email address in plain text to online websites. Spammers have web-spiders out searching for email address. Although being a google address you should get some protection from their anti-spam system.

Does English count as a European Language for the purposes of your study?

Julie Remizova
Russian Federation
jremizova.com
Joined 3546 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes

Message 3 of 3
21 August 2014 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
Nah, it's okay, because my email is mentioned on several other web sites.

Yes, English is the language I need.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version