Groupie
FinlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3832 days ago

53 posts - 64 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Swedish, Finnish

Message 1 of 2
31 August 2014 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
I've recently organised my book collection, as I was living elsewhere I lost track of what I have and realised that some I'm never going to read and others are doubles. I seem to be terrible at searching for these type of things online, but is there a foreign book exchange or something similar? Or even just somewhere it'd be easy to sell foreign books.

I can only find book exchange sites for English books. If I were to exchange I'd rather exchange for foreign language stuff, in particular; Finnish and Swedish.

Here's a brief list of the languages I have;
Lithuanian
Estonian
Danish
Norwegian
Swedish
Persian?
Czech

The above are mostly aimed at teenagers. I'm reasonably sure I have other languages as well.

Thanks for any help and apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 2 of 2
01 September 2014 at 3:44am | IP Logged 
What do you have in Danish and Swedish?
In Finnish, I can offer for example the Da Vinci Code, and I also doubt I'll ever read Gogol's "Dead Souls" or reread my Narnia book (all 7 stories in the same book).
I also got a couple children's books in Swedish, and unless I grow particularly attached to them I can probably give them away later.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version