Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4631 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 25 of 387
13 December 2014 at 8:41pm | IP Logged 
By the way, the first team can be confirmed: Team German already has five members!
1 person has voted this message useful

Luso
Hexaglot
Portugal
Joined 5848 days ago

819 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, French, EnglishC2, GermanB1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Sanskrit, Arabic (classical)

Message 26 of 387
13 December 2014 at 11:04pm | IP Logged 
Josquin, I just joined with Arabic and Sanskrit in the Wikia.

Since for the time being there's a slot for Arabic, I put it there, but I sincerely doubt there will be enough demand. Time will tell.

As for Sanskrit, I'd like to have an Indian team (maybe with Dravidian languages too; why not?). However, I don't think it will happen this year. Yet.

I'm also interested in the Turkic Challenge. However, I'll only join it through TAC if it becomes necessary, since I wish to "dabble" and not "annihilate".

For the time being, that's it. Thanks.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4796 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 27 of 387
13 December 2014 at 11:11pm | IP Logged 
I joined for the three languages I am sure to study quite intensively. There is likely to
be fourth one, hopefully Swedish, but I no longer wish to be part of an awesome team
where I wouldn't be an asset, so I'll leave it to others.

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4308 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 28 of 387
13 December 2014 at 11:29pm | IP Logged 
Joined the Scandinavian team, but not sure yet with what languages. I want to include at
least 1 West-Scandinavian language this time (Icelandic, Faroese, Nynorsk).
2 persons have voted this message useful

redflag
Australia
Joined 3629 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Danish, Indonesian, French

Message 29 of 387
14 December 2014 at 1:51am | IP Logged 
Signed up at the wiki for French and Indonesian. French is popular so will take care of itself but hopefully some
other Indonesian learners come along ...

cathrynm
United States
junglevision.co
Joined 5912 days ago

910 posts - 1232 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Finnish

Message 30 of 387
14 December 2014 at 2:01am | IP Logged 
I put in for Finnish, which I'm starting to feel guilty about ignoring.   Time to get back to Finnish business.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5121 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 31 of 387
14 December 2014 at 6:01am | IP Logged 
I have registered on the Russian team (surprise, surprise:-) but I have resisted registering on any other teams
even as an observer. I see that I do not really have the capacity to follow and participate actively in more than
one team. I still intend to follow some other logs, but then without participating in the team.

sctroyenne
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5178 days ago

739 posts - 1312 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Irish

Message 32 of 387
14 December 2014 at 6:16am | IP Logged 
Mohave wrote:
Is there interest in having an intermediate and advance
themes/team/study multi-lingual groups i.e., separate
thread/team/group focused on intermediate issues and advanced issues, regardless of
languages? I'm not
sure how to proceed on this, whether under TAC or another means, if there is interest.
While the TAC sign-
up indicates sign-up by level, I'm not a fan of breaking a language team into two or
more groups after my
experience with my French TAC team last year, which fell apart by March.

For discussion purposes, I would like to see an intermediate level and advanced level
study groups formed,
regardless of language, to focus on common issues at that level. Should this be in or
outside of TAC? What
is everyone's thoughts?

I've been interested in study groups for a while now. I don't think languages should be
split by levels but I'm thinking a multilingual advanced and/or intermediate study
group can be formed as part of the TAC or separately. I see it being very active with
lots of assignments and challenges and the like. It would be focused on practicing
advanced skills typically tested on for B2-C1-C2 level tests such as reading articles
and nonfiction books, creating outlines, writing summaries/syntheses, engaging in
written and/or oral debates based on documents (we would find a proper medium for this,
such as Google Hangouts), doing oral presentations based on documents with members
questioning, doing translation and transcribing exercises and the like. This last part
may help unify people studying across languages (it would be interesting to do
exercises comparing and contrasting how something is presented in various countries'
media) otherwise there may be language "splits" though in the advanced/intermediate
tier you'll have a lot of overlap.

There are plenty of materials to design assignments and challenges around (advanced
methods, such as Alter Ego 4 and 5 for French, the TV5 Monde and RFI sites have a lot
of pedagogical guides to their content, etc).

If anyone is interested in making this a TAC group (as this is how I would work at
"annihilating" French and poses and challenge to me) then those of us interested should
form a team. Otherwise we can form a study group outside the confines of the TAC.

This discussion contains 387 messages over 49 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version