PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5236 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 33 of 387
14 December 2014 at 7:46am | IP Logged 
Pfft what a joke. I'm signing up for 72 hundred languages per day. Ain't no-one gonna
stop me. Goal for day one of TAC 2015 French B-1 to level Z-7. I shall update all my
pesky followers with my 2nd language goal on day 2, most likely to be a very very hard
language that no one else can even learn one word of. I'll take myself to C2 in like 2
minutes outta sight foolz.

So Yes, 2014 was my 1st experience with doing a TAC. It's refreshing to see that our
team had fallen apart as I really didn't know if the lack of activity was normal for
most teams as I tend to live in a bubble. I didn't want our team to fall apart, but
now I now that level of activity was rather mediocre now I'm looking extra forward to
2015 another year of French only on a new team, and hopefully with some familiar faces
from French 2ème :)

It's inspiring and just plain ******* awesome to see so many ppl loving to learn
languages. It ain't easy unless you're me.

7 balls of massive HATE coming your way! Be sure to smile at them!

signing off,
Prime Minister Peter Mollenburg
loving himself yet again a little too much perhaps? wordz

Edit:
PS - Very important update. I'm considering doing TAC 2016 simultaneously alongside my
2015 TAC. This of course, if I do it honestly, will mean I will have to heavily rely
on the use of my time machine, which we all know, hasn't exactly got a great
reputation. Anywayz, for the 2016 challenge I'll be doing French again and for the
whole year I'd like to focus on one word only: "Bonjour" I'll be repeating this word
for 3 hours a day at my desk and adding it to my flashcard deck every 7.37 minutes
during those 3 hours. Surely this will enable a massive amount of exposure to material
I currently have don't even know exists. Furthermore, this way when I travel back-
forwards linear time to the start of 2016 after having completed TAC 2016 via
intermollecular time travel space speckanisms double-back reverse osmosis enduced
scripto-writo plague syndrome false-apathy overflow I'll feel ready to actually learn
that word all over again. Look out 2017 the French won't know what hit them!

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 14 December 2014 at 8:32am

10 persons have voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 3975 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 34 of 387
14 December 2014 at 9:30am | IP Logged 
You, I want some of what you're smoking.
13 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4669 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 35 of 387
14 December 2014 at 9:47am | IP Logged 
Luso wrote:
As for Sanskrit, I'd like to have an Indian team (maybe with Dravidian languages too; why not?). However, I don't think it will happen this year. Yet.

My focus for at least the first 3-4 months will be French, but I'd join an Indian languages team as well if one was formed. I'd be in it for Hindi, and I'd keep an eye on what others were doing for Sanskrit (for future reference).
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4604 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 36 of 387
14 December 2014 at 11:54am | IP Logged 
Another two teams can be confirmed: Team French and Team Finno-Ugric/Balto-Slavonic have both reached (more than) five members.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4467 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 37 of 387
14 December 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged 
I signed up for Russian and Scandinavian. I'm studying a ton of languages but I've been
doing these for so long that I'm confident of them.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4604 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 38 of 387
14 December 2014 at 12:06pm | IP Logged 
Welcome back to the Russian team, tarvos!

That means we have another two teams confirmed: Team Russian and Team Scandinavian.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4604 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 39 of 387
14 December 2014 at 12:20pm | IP Logged 
Okay, I've added the category "Asian Languages" to the Wikia!

People who are interested in studying more than one Asian language or who would like to join the team anyway can sign up for it now.

We'll have to see if all students of Asian languages will join the team or if there will be seperate teams for single languages as well. This will depend on the number of sign-ups for each team.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 40 of 387
14 December 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged 
redflag wrote:
Signed up at the wiki for French and Indonesian. French is popular so will take care of
itself but hopefully some
other Indonesian learners come along ...

Hekje and Sprachprofi did Indonesian at Team Rare this year. If they are willing to continue, maybe we can
have an Indonesian team. I'd be the 4th member and only 1 member would be missing to make it a team
then.

This discussion contains 387 messages over 49 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version