Groupie
United States
Joined 4345 days ago

85 posts - 186 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan, German
Studies: French

Message 1 of 17
14 December 2014 at 4:06pm | IP Logged 
After a long time of not really keeping track of what language studying I was doing, I've decided to start logging again for 2015. Here are the languages I want to work on:

German: I'm currently at a B2-C1 level. I am planning on studying about 3 hours a week, plus taking a C1 class next year that would meet 3 hours a week. I'd like to take (and pass) a C1 exam this summer.

French: I'm currently at a low B2 level (higher passive skills). I am planning on reading The Hunger Games in French (while listening to the audio) and taking a French class next year that would meet 1.5 hours a week. I also want to study about 3 hours a week. I'm moving to France sometime next year, and before I arrive I'd like to get to a level where I can comfortably speak with everyone and have people understand me easily.

I don't really have set plans yet, but I'll update this log later once I get them. I also might do some Spanish work, but I'm not sure yet.

Edited by anamsc2 on 11 January 2015 at 7:30pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4319 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 2 of 17
14 December 2014 at 5:10pm | IP Logged 
It sounds like we are roughly at the same level in German - though your writing is probably a lot better. Looking forward to following your progress in 2015.
1 person has voted this message useful

anamsc2
Tetraglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 4345 days ago

85 posts - 186 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan, German

Message 3 of 17
08 January 2015 at 7:57am | IP Logged 
patrickwilken wrote:
It sounds like we are roughly at the same level in German - though your writing is probably a lot better. Looking forward to following your progress in 2015.

Thanks for the comment! I enjoyed following your log, especially since I tend to study more with input than output. I'm hoping to improve my active skills this year though.

redflag
Australia
Joined 3628 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Danish, Indonesian, French

Message 4 of 17
08 January 2015 at 8:12am | IP Logged 
Hi anamsc2, welcome to TAC Francais. I also have Hunger Games book and audiobook which I'm planning to get to
sometime this year.

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4319 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 5 of 17
08 January 2015 at 2:56pm | IP Logged 
anamsc2 wrote:

Thanks for the comment! I enjoyed following your log, especially since I tend to study more with input than output. I'm hoping to improve my active skills this year though.

I am hoping to improve my speaking this year as well - I'll probably start tackling writing in 2016. It seems a long-way off, but my long-term goal is C2 and I don't need to sit a C1 exam so there is no strong pressure to improve my writing skills yet.

Of course we have very different study regimes. I am doing more than six hours per day German, but most of this is input - but I have an allergy to going to courses, though I guess that's a luxury as I live in Germany.

Mohave
United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3793 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 

Message 6 of 17
08 January 2015 at 3:00pm | IP Logged 
I'm also learning French and look forward to following your progress! How exciting to be moving to France
this year! Best of luck for a great 2015!

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5262 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 7 of 17
10 January 2015 at 10:39pm | IP Logged 
Hi anamsc2,

As part of Team français I'll be following your progress with French. I'm also curious with regards to German,
so I'll be following along with your German too. Good luck in 2015 with your language studies, and welcome
to Team français !

PS Which region of France will you be moving to?

PM

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4695 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 8 of 17
11 January 2015 at 10:19am | IP Logged 
Hi anamsc2, welcome to Team Français!