Creciente
United Kingdom
Joined 3406 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Japanese

Message 1 of 5
21 December 2014 at 8:55pm | IP Logged 
Pues, donde debo comenzar? Yo he estado aprendiendo español hace uno año, mas o menos. Creo que a el momento, mi punto más fuerte es leyendo.
Leí los libros tan como Dracula De Bram Stoker y Harry Potter y diario leo el periodico el pais. Espero, entiendo la formas basica de gramatica. Sin Embargo, mi escribiendo y mi escuchando necesitan atencion y mucho mejora.
No he hecho un hilo antes, pero lo creo que me ayudará mantener orden de mi estudios.
Yo estuvo pensando de haciendo uno de estos "TAC" pero estoy nuevo y no lo sé de reglas etc, lo yo pensaré sobre.
Voy a publicar principalmente en inglés, pero pensé que me daría habilidades activo de español un entrenamiento.
Mi meta esta estar alcanzando un nivel B2 de todos formas de communicacion. Espero alcanzar esta por el fin de año 2015.
Tambien, estaré aprendiendo la lengua bonita esa es japones! Este es proyecto largo y estoy mirando adelante para el desafío.
Estaré genial y no pondré todo el mundo a través de esa tortura tambien!! :)

I'm sure there is plenty of grammatical and spelling errors etc in that text, but it's just nice to give active skills a go, when I don't really use them at all.
Yeah, been learning Spanish for about a year, I have done this with intensive reading, literally anything I can get my hands on, sort of picked up grammar off the back of that really.
I have listened to plenty of NotesinSpanish podcasts and I have an italki account which I definitely need to take advantage of, as my active skills need a lot of work.
I do believe I understand and can read most things in Spanish, although this wasn't that helpful when trying to communicate with native speakers!
No idea what my level is, but I would say my reading is B2 level, everything else hopefully B1....ish!
I'm also learning Japanese, only been doing this three months or so, feel comfortable with Hiragana, Katakana is hit and miss.
I have been using Japanesepod101 for any listening/active skills, which isn't that much as I'm doing the very beginner podcasts. I also check jlptstudy for all the Kanji, although just making sense of radicals etc.
I am hoping this log will help me keep track of my studies, and I can just update on my progress and maybe people will relate/understand.

Thanks.

Edited by Creciente on 21 December 2014 at 8:59pm

1 person has voted this message useful

IBEP
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 3411 days ago

19 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*, Kannada*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, French

Message 2 of 5
21 December 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged 
¡Buena suerte, y bienvenid@ al foro!

¿Quieres que te corrijamos tu escritura española?

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Do you want us to correct your Spanish writing?

Creciente
United Kingdom
Joined 3406 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 3 of 5
21 December 2014 at 9:26pm | IP Logged 
Thank you! Corrections are always welcome if people have the time, as I won't learn without corrections.
I do post the odd text on Lang 8 which doesn't receive the best of review, but I wouldn't be learning without the mistakes :)

Creciente
United Kingdom
Joined 3406 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 4 of 5
24 December 2014 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
I've been reading el pais everyday, sometimes the stories interest me and sometimes they don't. I watched Pans Labyrinth which is an awesome film. I watched this film some 6 months ago and I didn't understand a lot, this time I saw an improvement.
Definitely need to work on more active production of the language.
   Got some credits in the Italki account and going to set myself a goal after the holiday of at least one conversation a week.

I am also studying Japanese, although this project will be 5 years plus, I hope to reach B2 level in Spanish at some point in 2015.
I viewed the general 103 Kanji in jlpt 5 and the beginnings of jlpt 4 kanji- I am now also running through basic vocabulary on jlpt 5, which is proving hard. I have also been doing basics like numbers, days of week etc.
I am starting to notice radicals now and see some of the patterns which is cool, realistically if I can write an introduction in Japanese by the Summer I will be happy.

Creciente
United Kingdom
Joined 3406 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 5 of 5
04 January 2015 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Studying has been decent of late. I feel I still need to incorporate a lot more structure in my learning of Spanish. I am sort of stuck in a stage of an intermediate learner where I feel like I am on the cusp. I will watch Euronews or Los Simpsons and I will understand a good 80%, next time I will watch a Spanish film and I get about 50% at best, I imagine I Just have to be disciplined and listen to Spanish all day everyday.
I am still reading a lot in Spanish, using Wikipedia a lot to search for anything I fancy in Spanish and just searching the odd words I don't recognise.

Japanese

Japanese has been going well too. I have a good 150 Kanji under the belt so far, getting over 90% right when I do a review. I am going to continue learning the Kanji and start increasing my vocab intake of the JLPT N5 study list of vocabulary.
I need to make sure I find more time to work on active skills using Japanesepod101.

Definitely enjoying learning the languages and I just get more hungry each day.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version