Triglot
France
Joined 4437 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 121 of 170
17 May 2015 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
Sorry guys, just a quick word to tell you I'm dropping out, for several reasons (too much pressure, too little
time, a few health problems into the bargain, and a few other projects on the backburner). But I'll keep an eye
on your logs anyway :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4968 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 122 of 170
18 May 2015 at 6:26pm | IP Logged 
I'm sorry to hear that, agantik. Wish you all the best in your life, familiy and health. Feel free to drop by anytime!

EDIT: I'd like to take the chance to give a call: who is still there? Not many people did the previous monthly challenges but some keep uploading their logs, while others are silent now. This place here has been silent lately as well, but I see a lot of activity among logs, with member supporting each other. So, those who are going through difficult moments, don't worry, we're all hoping for the best. Or perhaps you are having some motivation issues regarding the Scandinavian languages? Feel free to drop a line here and maybe we can think of more fun ways to learn?! For example, the Scandinavian languages now have duolingo courses (the Norwegian one will soon be published), maybe it's time to try a different and fun activity?

Edited by Expugnator on 18 May 2015 at 6:33pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4017 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 123 of 170
18 May 2015 at 7:06pm | IP Logged 
I'm still here...

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4323 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 124 of 170
18 May 2015 at 7:24pm | IP Logged 
Eg au.

Business as usual as far as I can see it, except for Emme, and she stated her reasons.

Won't be doing the challenge by the way as I can't see myself completing it (or rather: completing what I've planned to do). Have to set priorities, my actual language learning time is rather small these days... I'm not very well organized I'm afraid.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6399 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 125 of 170
18 May 2015 at 9:10pm | IP Logged 
Still here. Originally I meant to read 100 pages in Swedish and 100 in Danish, but it's the 18th and I've done no reading. Now trying to decide whether to do a Swedish Tadoku in June and whether I should try to finish the children's book I've been reading before the challenge...

AlOlaf
Diglot
United States
Joined 4950 days ago

491 posts - 617 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Danish

Message 126 of 170
20 May 2015 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
Sorry, I've pretty much gone off the deep end with my own output challenge and haven't had time for anything
else.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5149 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 127 of 170
20 May 2015 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
Still here, but much less than usual. I’m sorry that I can’t be much of a teammate at the moment, but my RL is way too hectic right now and I struggle to find the time for languages and even for HTLAL.

However, I’m still reading in the little free time I have (basically reading is the only thing I can squeeze into my downtime) – both for the Super Challenge and for this month’s Sleipner challenge: I’ve decided to try and read 100 pages of fiction. I’m about thirty pages into an Astrid Lindgren novel. I know it’s only a children’s book and moreover I might not make it if I don’t hurry up, but I still hope I’ll manage to finish the challenge in time.

Finally, since I won’t have time in the next few days to drop by every personal log to greet and cheer everyone individually, I’d like to do it here collectively. Lycka till, allihoppa!

PS.
agantik wrote:
Sorry guys, just a quick word to tell you I'm dropping out, for several reasons (too much pressure, too little time, a few health problems into the bargain, and a few other projects on the backburner). But I'll keep an eye on your logs anyway :)

A special “Good luck” to you, given what you wrote above!

3 persons have voted this message useful

Sarnek
Diglot
Italy
Joined 4017 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 128 of 170
20 May 2015 at 8:52pm | IP Logged 
Hey Emme! Long time no see! I hope you're doing better now.

This discussion contains 170 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version