Finland
Joined 3618 days ago

6 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, English
Studies: Swedish, German
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 5
01 January 2015 at 7:46pm | IP Logged 
I've decided to join TAC 2015 with English (B2-C1), Swedish (B1), German (A1-A2) and
Russian (A0). Here I'll be posting my log. We'll see what fun things I can think of to post
here.

English

English is the first language I’ve ever studied. It’s a mandatory subject here in Finland os it came into my life
through school. During my school years I have realized that this language is actually useful and I like it and
want to study it as much as I can.

Right now I am at the point where I can use native materials quite comfortably, excluding the material which
includes highly specialized vocabulary. I also find it quite hard sometimes to absorb the information I read and
I am hoping that through more reading I’ll be able to retain the read information more easily. The plan is to
keep on watching English TV-series and movies regularly (Netflix is a godsend). I will also try to read more text
in English and particularly more books. I probably ought to concentrate more on writing, too but first I’ll need
to find some topics to write about. Speaking isn’t really something I’m concentrating on, right now, but I’ll
practice it every chance I get.

Swedish

Swedish is also a mandatory language to study here in Finland and that’s how my journey with Swedish
originally started. Currently I am beginning to prepare for my matriculation examination (which is going to be in
next September). So instead of a year I have nine months to study Swedish before I have to sit the exam.

I’ll have some Swedish courses at school before it’s time for the exams and I am hoping that it will give me a
bit of motivation throughout the year. I’ll read through the course books during the year and try to read and
listen to the news in Swedish. I’m currently focusing on finlandssvenska variant, but I think I need to practice
rikssvenska more (especially my listening abilities need honing).

German

I picked German as another foreign language at school a few years ago but I’m progressing quite slowly, so
this year I’ll try to be better. I have a textbook which I’m following and I’m also trying to read news articles
every day on the side.

Russian

I am currently using the learnrussian.rt.com webcourse and the new penguin course. I’ll try to make progress
every week.

If you have any suggestions for my studies, please don't be afraid to post. :)

Edited by Epeli on 10 January 2015 at 12:07pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Epeli
Diglot
Finland
Joined 3618 days ago

6 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, English
Studies: Swedish, German
Studies: Russian

Message 2 of 5
01 January 2015 at 7:46pm | IP Logged 
Reserved

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 3 of 5
01 January 2015 at 7:57pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to TAC’15!

We are going to be teammates on the Scandinavian team. I’m looking forward to following your log and seeing you achieve your goals this year.

Gott nytt år!

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4925 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 4 of 5
01 January 2015 at 11:15pm | IP Logged 
Good luck with your studies! Feel free to ask for any help and participate in the discussions at the team thread.

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4394 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 5 of 5
02 January 2015 at 2:58pm | IP Logged 
I'll be happy to follow your progress in both Swedish and German since we 're both on the same teams. All
the best for 2015.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version