Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Radioclare’s tac log 2015 (*jäŋe/*ledús)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
292 messages over 37 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4364 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 289 of 292
17 July 2015 at 2:13pm | IP Logged 
You are both right :) I am definitely a perfectionist and also naturally a nervous person/lacking in confidence so I tend to think everything is worse than it actually is or, at least, that everyone else is miles better than me.

Speaking is definitely a huge weakness for me at the moment and I'm not sure how I'm going to solve that, but glossika does seem like a good start. Now that I've started to develop a writing routine, I need to get into a gloassika routine as well. And my upcoming Croatian trip will perhaps motivate me with fear to study more diligently :)
1 person has voted this message useful

basica
Australia
Joined 3317 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 
Studies: Serbian

Message 290 of 292
17 July 2015 at 2:35pm | IP Logged 
I think Glossika will really help and after a little while you could try doing some exchanges - if you're too nervous to
practice with natives to begin with, feel free to PM me and I'll send across my Skype details and we can have a go at it
:) I have been pretty lucky with exchanges so far, so don't be too worried about them when you do eventually decide to
go down that path :)

BTW, you must be really looking forward to your trip! How long has it been since you were last there? I think it should
be a lot of fun to practice it out with the locals too :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4364 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 291 of 292
17 July 2015 at 10:20pm | IP Logged 
Thank you Basica, I will definitely bear your offer in mind :)

It feels like I haven't been to Croatia for ages, but I technically went twice in 2013
which doesn't sound that long ago. I did go to the Balkans last summer as well, but
not to Croatia; I spent a week in Macedonia, then had a slightly random itinerary
which involved visiting Niš, Belgrade and Novi Sad in Serbia and Bar in Montenegro.
The trip was planned around the fact that I desperately wanted to ride on the Bar-
Belgrade railway (which is supposed to be one of the most beautiful journeys in
Europe), but because of all the dreadful flooding in Serbia and Bosnia last year there
was damage to the railway and the trains weren't running properly, so I had to travel
by bus instead.

I've got 10 days in Croatia in September this year, followed by 4 days in Slovenia, so
I'm very excited :)

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4364 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 292 of 292
17 July 2015 at 11:10pm | IP Logged 
A question I meant to ask earlier in the week, but forgot... In the penultimate episode
of Budva there were two characters who spoke briefly in a language that wasn't Serbian,
but I have no idea what it was.

You can watch it here (it's only about 15
seconds 34 minutes into the episode - no Budva spoilers in those seconds!).

The only other language I can think of that people would be likely to speak in Montenegro
is Albanian, but I have no idea what that sounds like.

This discussion contains 292 messages over 37 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version