Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Radioclare’s tac log 2015 (*jäŋe/*ledús)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
292 messages over 37 pages: 1 2 3 4 57 ... 6 ... 36 37 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 41 of 292
03 February 2015 at 3:02pm | IP Logged 
Radioclare wrote:
The Macedonian ones are slightly messier if anything, which
suits me fine :)

Aww, I bet they're just more realistic :) I seriously doubt there's anything that would be unacceptable in Serbian cyrillics.
1 person has voted this message useful

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 42 of 292
03 February 2015 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
This is a picture of the Macedonian letters in my book:

I like how the 'f' is written in particular; that is a letter that I normally have major
problems with, but the Macedonian version here looks more manageable to me :)

It's hard to know what the range of normal/acceptable handwriting is when you've only
ever seen a few examples in textbooks or exercises for small children on the internet!

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 43 of 292
04 February 2015 at 12:06am | IP Logged 
Today I hit the magical number of 200 'book's (10 000 pages) in the Super Challenge :) I'm still a few films away from
finishing the challenge itself, but I thought this might be a good point to summarise all the books I have read so far.

1. Ubojstvo u Orient Expressu (Murder on the Orient Express) - Agatha Christie, Croatian translation
2. Vrata Rima (The Gates of Rome) - Conn Iggulden, Croatian translation
3. Sumrak (Twilight) - Stephenie Meyer, Croatian translation
4. Mladi Mjesec (New Moon) - Stephenie Meyer, Croatian translation
5. Pomrčina (Eclipse) - Stephenie Meyer, Croatian translation
6. Praskozorje (Breaking Dawn) - Stephenie Meyer, Croatian translation
7. Polje mačeva (Field of Swords) - Conn Iggulden, Croatian translation
8. 100 godina hrvatske knjizevnosti na esperantu (100 years of Croatian literature in Esperanto) - bit of a niche one!
9. Bogovi rata (The Gods of War) - Conn Iggulden, Croatian translation
10. Pedeset nijansi siva (Fifty Shades of Grey) - E L James, Serbian translation
11. Pedeset nijansi mračniji (Fifty Shades Darker) - E L James, Serbian translation
12. Pedeset nijansi slobodniji (Fifty Shades Freed) - E L James, Serbian translation
13. Čarobnjakov nećak (The Magician's Nephew) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
14. Lav vještica i ormar (The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
15. Konj i njegov dječak (The horse and his boy) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
16. Ušica igle (Eye of the needle) - Ken Follett, Serbian translation
17. Dolina lavova (Lie down with lions) - Ken Follett, Serbian translation
18. Rajski čekić (The Hammer of Eden) - Ken Follet, Serbian translation
19. Što je muškarac bez brkova (What is a man without a moustache?) - Ante Tomić, Croatian original
20. Sanjao sam slonove (I dreamed of elephants) - Ivice Đikić, Croatian original
21. Raskol (Dissolution) - C J Sansom, Croatian translation
22. Plovidba Broda Zorogaza (The Voyage of the Dawn-Treader) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
23. Srebrni stolac (The Silver Chair) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
24. Posljednja bitka (The Last Battle) - C S Lewis, Croatian translation
25. Nespokoj (Restless) - William Boyd, Serbian translation
26. Три Мускетара (Three Musketeers) - children's book in Serbian
27. Misionarska Pesma (The Mission Song) - John le Carre, Serbian translation
28. Krpar, krojač, soldat, špijun (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) - John le Carre, Serbian translation
5 persons have voted this message useful

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3540 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English
Studies: Italian, Mandarin, Romanian, Persian

Message 44 of 292
04 February 2015 at 1:47am | IP Logged 
Your Cyrillic cursive writing looks prettier than mine and most of the people I know. :D

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 45 of 292
04 February 2015 at 3:49pm | IP Logged 
Haha, I wish that was my handwriting :D Unfortunately it's just the example writing in my Macedonian textbook that I am trying to copy!

I posted an example of my writing on Twitter and Serpent noticed that some of the letters looked a bit odd, so I have been searching for examples of different handwriting styles since then to practise :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 46 of 292
04 February 2015 at 4:26pm | IP Logged 
Well I didn't really say odd, just that the sharp corners/squared shapes looked like excessive effort, for example in т, п, и. (I was wrong about writing т like m, btw - that's limited to Russian and other East Slavic langs)
Nikolić, can the horizontal line in Нн be more curvy btw? At least in Russian that looks more natural but I'm trying not to make assumptions:D And I suppose a cursive Ф often looks like the regular one, just like with Р?

BTW you're lucky that the lines above т and п seem to be required in Serbian and Macedonian. In Russian they aren't, and the ones below ш are less common too :D Like this. And this. (here is one part explained :D) I sometimes need to count the number of loops haha.

Edited by Serpent on 04 February 2015 at 4:33pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6916 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 47 of 292
04 February 2015 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
I've found Serbian Cyrillic a bit easier to use than the Russian and Ukrainian versions. I agree with Serpent on the usefulness of mandatory extra lines above п and т and below ш. Sometimes I need to be careful with и, л and м though regardless of the Cyrillic variant.

It's a bit of a wonder for me that the extra lines for п, т and ш are deemed optional in Russian and Ukrainian.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 48 of 292
04 February 2015 at 5:49pm | IP Logged 
Haha, I posted the same picture :P
And well, we write п as n and т as m (or just like the block т, really), so we only need to differentiate ш and и. Which often follow one another anyway, so any long sequence of loops is likely to be иш, ши or иши :D
Edit: okay, I forgot about the м and л of course. But it's always clear where they begin. Or maybe I write them out more carefully because my name starts with M and I simply like L, haha.

Found one more Serbian example on Unilang btw:

I like the H here :)

Edited by Serpent on 04 February 2015 at 6:02pm

This discussion contains 292 messages over 37 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version