smaching
New Zealand
Joined 4403 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 2
06 January 2015 at 1:51am | IP Logged 
Привет!

My name is Steven. I am 24-years old and am a lawyer living in Auckland, New Zealand.
For those of you who don't know, New Zealand is a small island nation next to
Australia in the Pacific, home to the indigenous Maori people, with an increasingly
multi-cultural population base. Auckland is the largest metropolitan city and home to
approximately 1.4 million people.

I have joined the TAC 2015 challenge to learn as much Russian as possible this year.
We don't get a lot of Russian people here in Auckland (although I am sure there are
some), but nonetheless I believe it to be beautiful language and am keen to meet and
engage with Russian speakers and hopefully travel there one day. I also understand
(although I don't know this too well, yet) that there are a lot of great literature
works written in Russian and am interested to see what that is all about.

So as of today, I am an absolute beginner. I have not learnt any Russian words except
hello (Привет), although admit I have spent some time going through a video that
teaches the cyrillic alphabet. Apart from Russian, I have learnt Japanese to an
intermediate level and am beginning to learn German as well. My goal is to focus on
Russian this year, whilst learning Kanji for Japanese and the basics of German.

Over the next couple days my plan is to organise my resources and report back with a
plan on how I see things going from here. Best of luck to all the other learners in
our journey in taking the TAC 2015 challenge :)

Edited by smaching on 06 January 2015 at 2:09am

1 person has voted this message useful

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4816 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 2 of 2
06 January 2015 at 10:09am | IP Logged 
The name of the language is русский.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version