Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4768 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 145 of 217
28 May 2015 at 6:17pm | IP Logged 
Eragon has been waiting on a bookshelf for a few months. Ok, I'll start tommorrow, after an uni exam. And I got hand on Asterix in German! You are right, getting some reading soon can only help. I may have been too much of a coward about it.
1 person has voted this message useful

Elenia
Diglot
United Kingdom
lilyonlife.blog
Joined 3615 days ago

239 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Swedish, Esperanto

Message 146 of 217
29 May 2015 at 12:50am | IP Logged 
Have fun with the books, and tell us how it goes! I think that it will definitely help,
and that it won't be nearly so difficult as you think.

Also, good luck with your exam!

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4668 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 147 of 217
29 May 2015 at 5:19pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
Eragon has been waiting on a bookshelf for a few months. Ok, I'll start tommorrow, after an uni exam. And I got hand on Asterix in German! You are right, getting some reading soon can only help. I may have been too much of a coward about it.

Have you considered starting with the audio book version? When I was hesistant to start reading Le Petit Nicolas, I listened to the audio version twice while taking walks, and it encouraged me to pick up the text to make more sense of what I was hearing. But then, I found those audiobooks funny even when I couldn't understand half. (Of course the price is a bit much...)

Edited by Jeffers on 29 May 2015 at 5:20pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Elenia
Diglot
United Kingdom
lilyonlife.blog
Joined 3615 days ago

239 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Swedish, Esperanto

Message 148 of 217
29 May 2015 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
It would be easy to find a hörbüch free online without even looking. But you might be
stcuk to your laptop with my method (unless you have a very clever phone and lots of
data/storage space). Reading while listening along is really working well for me, too.

Clarity
Groupie
United States
Joined 3281 days ago

85 posts - 107 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 149 of 217
31 May 2015 at 5:19am | IP Logged 
Good luck with your exams, Cavesa!

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4768 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 150 of 217
07 June 2015 at 5:59am | IP Logged 
Thanks for your support guys.

News:

This 6wc is another failure of mine. Uni is interfering with my languages. Three out of the four 6wcs tend to fall into exam time :-( I am quite disappointed with myself this time. I would have easier time with 6wc starting in January, April, July and October but I am probably the only one, so I can just keep dreaming and admiring all those who get through the whole 6wc.

I haven't started Eragon yet. I won't start with the audiobook as I think reading, which is usually for me easier than listening, is gonna be challenging enough. I have tried to listen and read at the same time in past but it didn't work that well for me, I wasn't enjoying it, one was taking my attention away from the other. Perhaps I should try again.

During the last week or so, I only read a few articles in French (normal news as usual, Le Monde is much better for some topics than the Czech sources), watched Into the Woods in French (and wrote a disappointed review in the HTLAL film club thread), finished El Ministerio del Tiempo (which got me totally excited and I can't wait for the next season).

I passed an exam at uni (a smaller one) and failed a preexam prerequisite for something else, I need to retake it on monday. Some health issues got into the mix, as usual. I have no clue whether I'll have time at all for my languages during this stupid month.

Another piece of good news, I might have a travelling opportunity with my family in August. A journey that might include some German, French and English practice. And Enlish, French and German on the way back.

I hope you are all having a more successful month!

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3993 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 151 of 217
07 June 2015 at 6:29am | IP Logged 
Don't worry about the 6WC. I had quite a successful one and all the others were meh ever
since. Until now, haha, but that's by the cost of all the time I should've used to
prepare for my exams, eh. And good luck with the ones you have, sometimes it's the only
thing that can save you :) And you'd need patience. Lots of it.

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4292 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 152 of 217
07 June 2015 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
If you are passing through Berlin let me know. It's a good time of year to catch a beer! :)

Edited by patrickwilken on 07 June 2015 at 10:48am

This discussion contains 217 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version