Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
9 messages over 2 pages: 1
ClaireB
Triglot
France
Joined 4841 days ago

4 posts - 10 votes
Speaks: French*, English, Japanese
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Finnish, Arabic (Egyptian)

Message 9 of 9
11 April 2015 at 10:26pm | IP Logged 
I agree, Gibert Jeune and Gibert Joseph are great places to find that kind of book. However, I think they must
have changed their policy regarding which books they buy back and will sell second-hand; a few years ago,
some titles were easy to find (I am thinking especially of some older Chinese methods), and now they are
mostly gone from their shelves, or at least a lot less frequent. I haven't seen the Portuguese book in a while,
and missed buying it. It is also quite expensive on second-hand websites such as priceminister, whereas the
others can be bought for a couple of euros.

I don't have the audio for the first edition of Spanish, unfortunately, or for the English book either.

It is a shame really; especially since I find the new editions quite handsome (they are color-coded). I would
readily pay for a Portuguese one, or a "full" (90 lessons) German one.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version