Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5675 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 1 of 4
19 February 2015 at 7:18pm | IP Logged 
I've started typing up the hangul to the Korean FSI course replacing the romanization with hangul equivalents. I've heard people complain about FSI's decision to use romanization throughout the first course so, inspired by all the work Martin Sander put into the course, i thought i'd help change that. I haven't done much, the introductory unit and up to the grammar notes in unit one, but it's probably already taken me around five to ten hours. I'll probably skip over the explanations from here on out (at least for now) and focus on the dialogs and drills, though.

If anyone cares to help out (proofreading, typing up other units, etc.), let me know!

You can download/look over what i've done so far here (consider it to be in the Public Domain):
FSI Korean Vol. 1 - Hangul (PDF)
FSI Korean Vol. 1 - Hangul (source ODT)

EDIT: Updated with Unit 2-4 dialogs

Edited by Crush on 22 February 2015 at 3:53pm

7 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5675 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 2 of 4
20 February 2015 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Ok, i just added in the dialogs and "Notes on Dialogs" for Unit 2, fixed a couple typos i made before (선생 had been copied over as 선냉 in a couple spots, for example), and did a little reorganizing. I also started to add the drills for Unit 1, but after transcribing three of them i think it's best if i wait 'til my Korean's a bit better before tackling all of those. So for now, i'm going to focus on the dialogs, which is what's most useful to me personally anyway as i don't look at the drill text very much.

The files in the first post have been updated to the latest files.

Again, anyone else going through FSI and interested in helping out (especially with transcribing and proofreading the Korean, as the English is easy to add with OCR), feel free to join in, even if it's only a small part of something, a drill, a dialog, anything. :)

Enjoy!
3 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5675 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 3 of 4
21 February 2015 at 4:32pm | IP Logged 
I just added in Unit 3 dialogs/notes on dialogs. As always, if anyone sees any errors, please let me know!

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5675 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 4 of 4
22 February 2015 at 3:49pm | IP Logged 
I just added Unit 4 dialogs/notes on dialogs. Btw, consider this all in the Public Domain. If you want to do something with it, help yourself!

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that i fixed some errors in the Unit 2 dialogs.

Edited by Crush on 22 February 2015 at 4:46pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version