Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 3361 days ago

2 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: Russian*, English

Message 1 of 2
20 February 2015 at 2:49pm | IP Logged 
Hello everyone!

My name is Maria, and I am learning English. I know - boring! I wish I could spend
this time on another language, such as Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese, but I have a
proficiency exam coming, and this is English time. Who am I kidding, I'm loving it!
The perfect excuse to watch all tv shows in the world, read articles and blogs
endlessly, indulge in language learning advice (without that gnawing feeling that I
must be actually learning the language now rather then reading about it...),
read crime stories and write lengthy e-mails to cute British guys I met in the pub.

To prepare for exam, I also started to do things I never did before, like listening.
I've always hated radio, but now I see that all these podcasts are actually fun. I
also like to transcribe podcasts into text and that doing shadowing - reciting them
together with original speaker. I found my speech apparatus is not very trained to
produce long speeches in English, so I am working on that too by simply reading aloud
as much as I can (or as much as my roommate will bear).

Anyways, to discipline myself (because I need it, a lazy ass I am) I decided to keep a
personal language learning log. Cheers to all language learners out there! If anyone
here has had a Cambridge Proficiency exam experience, don't be a stranger.
4 persons have voted this message useful

agta
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 5314 days ago

43 posts - 53 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: German, Italian

Message 2 of 2
21 February 2015 at 5:17pm | IP Logged 
Good luck!

I don't plan to sit for CPE but I'm working on my English as I want to improve it and reach C2 level.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version