Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 145 of 403
29 April 2017 at 4:34pm | IP Logged 
Hey everyone. I'm back, and I've taken different approach to learn Kanji. I make a Facebook page in which we learn Kanji from a viewpoint of a mathematic graduate cause I am one myself. It's all in Indonesian, though. Here is the page:
https://facebook.com/ShuugakuHitoKaraKanjiNiNarau/
This is the first image which I uploaded there:
The Kanji for 1, 2, and 3 are similar to their Roman numeral (I, II, and III) rotated 90 degrees (一, 二 and 三).

Edited by Monox D. I-Fly on 29 April 2017 at 4:37pm

1 person has voted this message useful

cathrynm
United States
junglevision.co
Joined 5885 days ago

910 posts - 1232 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Finnish

Message 146 of 403
01 May 2017 at 6:37am | IP Logged 
You have an interesting system, learning both the Arabic and Japanese together. I'm also learning Japanese! Good luck!

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 147 of 403
01 May 2017 at 3:24pm | IP Logged 
cathrynm wrote:
You have an interesting system, learning both the Arabic and Japanese together. I'm also learning Japanese! Good luck!

Thank you.
By the way, learning Kanji has made me change my way of drawing squares:

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 148 of 403
14 September 2017 at 4:07pm | IP Logged 
As some of you who read my log in the new forum probably aware, I have decided what I will put in my progress bars. I am trying to memorize the whole Koran and its meaning as well as all Jouyou Kanji. Wish me luck.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 149 of 403
18 September 2017 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
Managed to memorize the second ruku of Al-Baqarah, and it took me two weeks to do that! And I wonder if it will even last one week. Seems like my average progress is just 1 ayah per day. If the whole Koran consists of 6,236 ayahs, does that mean that it would take me about... at least almost 12 years to memorize the whole book?
On the Kanji side, I never knew that the Kanji for "shita" (down) can be read as "orosu" or "oriru".
Arabic progress: 27/6236
Japanese progress: 8/2136

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 150 of 403
21 September 2017 at 3:22pm | IP Logged 
So, today is an Islamic new year and last night I set a target to memorize the third ruku of Al-Baqarah. I did it while ironing my clothes, memorizing 1 ayat per 1 cloth. I did it quite well, though I still really need to practice it more so that I remember the ayats' order properly.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 151 of 403
23 September 2017 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
So, today is a national day of school-level Islamic student organization in my country. I set a target of memorizing the fourth ruku of Al-Baqarah today to celebrate it and posted it here and in my Facebook status. However, a couple of my Facebook friends called me out thinking that I was showing off my good deeds (one via PM, one directly in the comment) despite the fact that: 1) My previous statuses implied that I am doing this to help my Arabic language learning faster; and 2) There were quite many of statuses of mine which stated that I kept my Facebook as balanced as possible (between grateful and whining, I wrote both). There's even a status which I wrote multiple times and outright tells that "I am not a bad guy, but I am not a good guy either" (think about it as an anti-hero). However, I still thanked both of them because I know they meant well. I am ranting here because I'm just irritated that they ran to conclusion too fast. I guess I will go back to my usual pacing of memorizing 1 ayat per day instead of straight out trying 1 ruku in special days. It works better to me. Also, I think I won't share my progress of memorizing the Holy Koran in Facebook anymore and just keep it in my log here. Probably I will still share my progress of Japanese language learning in my Facebook status, though.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 152 of 403
02 May 2018 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
It has been a long time since I posted here but I will update it again due to the Super Challenge. At first I watched the first half of a 40-minutes JAV but damn, the actual dialogue was only at about the first 8 minutes and I couldn't concentrate well since I was impatient to get to the... more exciting part. After that I watched Hachiman episode 8 while recovering my stamina. That means today I got 8 minutes from the JAV + 24 minutes from the episode = 32 minutes. Not even 1 film yet.

This discussion contains 403 messages over 51 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version