Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 97 of 403
21 March 2016 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Is there anybody here who can tell me where to find free grade 1 Japanese text? I would like to know if I can read a story with simple Kanjis.
1 person has voted this message useful

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 98 of 403
22 March 2016 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Have moved on to grade 2 Kanji. Surprised that there are 160 of them, twice the amount of grade 1. On top of that, they look like difficult Kanjis. Even my brother, who know more about Kanjis than me, said that he didn't know 80% of them. Still a challenge, though. Now I increase my pace from 1 Kanji per day to 2 Kanjis a day.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 99 of 403
28 March 2016 at 7:13pm | IP Logged 
Has made the first set of flashcards from Grade 2 Kanji:

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 100 of 403
29 March 2016 at 7:36pm | IP Logged 
Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
Finally my Arabic-Japanese flashcards which I made 1 Kanji per day has reached a Yu-Gi-Oh! full deck (40 cards). It consists the first half of grade 1 Kanji plus their Arabic meaning. I tried to play it with my brother. There were three sessions I did with it:

1. My brother who can read Kanji shuffles the deck then draw it one by one from the top while reading the Kanji out loud and I guess their meaning in our native language (Javanese/Indonesian).
I could guess all their meanings except 小, which I knew as "chi" but he read as "ko"/"shou".

2. Same as the first, but this time I guess the Arabic meaning.
Got them all right but I couldn't do it spontaneously. I need to translate them to Javanese/Indonesian first in my mind then retranslate it to Arabic, except for 中 (في), because prepositions are much easier to translate instantly.

3. My brother shuffles the deck then draw it one by one from the top, read the Arabic word, then I try to write the Kanji.
Stroke order aside, the only Kanji I got wrong was 足. The "lambda" (λ) at the bottom left I wrote was mirrorred.

Remember above post?

I did that with my brother few days ago, but because he already forgot how to read some Kanjis, we went straight to point 3. Oh, and by they way this time we only used the second half of Grade 1 Kanjis. Out of 40 Kanjis, I got 6 wrong. I forgot the meaning of عشب, so I couldn't write the Kanji. My brother said that 玉 meant "dog" because all he remembered about the Kanji for the word "dog" was it's the Kanji for "oo" (big) with an additional little stroke (it was actually 大 while what my brother remembered was 王). When writing the Kanji 学, I wrote the top middle stroke going to the right direction while it should be to the left direction. I mistook أدغال for 林 and غابة for 森, which should have been vice-versa. I was also having a hard time writing a Kanji for "nen" (年), even though it is a very common word!

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 101 of 403
30 March 2016 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Found a downloadable content of an Arabic children story book, this what the cover lookes like:

I was surprised that all words in the title, sans "wa" (the Arabic word for "and") has already been absorbed to my native language Indonesian long ago. Kisah Awal Khayal Akhir Khayal.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 102 of 403
31 March 2016 at 7:16pm | IP Logged 
Kida_4000061 wrote:
Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
Is there anybody here who can tell me where to find free grade 1 Japanese text? I would like to know if I can read a story with simple Kanjis.

If you want free, I would recommend looking for 漢字検定 10級 (Kanji Kentei Level 10) practice sheets, which is first grade. They are not stories, but they are the right grade level.
Here are a couple:
http://print.ejuku.com/kanji/kanjitest10/
http://www.kanken.or.jp/kanken/outline/degree/example.html

I tried to re-read what's in the first link and realized that it is Kanji - Hiragana and Hiragana - Kanji tests. I tried the Grade 1 test. For Kanji - Hiragana, I only got 3 right of 10 questions. I wrote "sou" as "kusa", "chiku" as "take", "o" as "shita", "son" as "mura", "itsu" as "go", "uten" as "amaten", and "kyuujitsu" as "yasuhi". On the opposite, I got only 3 questions wrong out of 10 questions in the Hiragana - Kanji part. I mistook "na" (name) with "yuu" (evening), writing "ka" as the Kanji for "fire" while it's supposed to mean "down". My last mistake was unable to write "taiboku" in Kanji. When I checked the key answer, I was surprised that the Kanji for the word "wood" can also be read as "boku", while I usually uses the word "boku" only to refer to myself.

By the way, I have downloaded the contents from the second link you gave me. However, I don't know what it orders me to do. What should I do and aren't even there some tests in it?

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 103 of 403
01 April 2016 at 7:03pm | IP Logged 
Kida_4000061 wrote:

The order for each row is 初回(First Time)->復習(Revision) ->完成(Perfection) ->解答 (Solutions). The last one at end of each row is the answer key. Just do the rows in number order as show in the circle. The last row is the test.

The instructions are as follow
1: Please write the kanji reading next to the line.
2: Please write the kanji character for the reading next to the line.

I still can't get a grasp. Can you translates all the instructions word per word for me? I noticed there are the words "Katakana" and "Hiragana" written on them.

By the way, what is the second Kanji of the word "Revision" (習)? Ever since I noticed this, I was curious what word would be related to feather and sun at once.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 104 of 403
02 April 2016 at 7:00pm | IP Logged 
Zireael wrote:
Rikaisama tells me the kanji you're so interested in means 'learn'. No idea what the feathers have to do with learning or sun.

I'll just associate it with Icarus learning to fly with one of its wings (hence feathers) shades its eyes from the sun, then.

This discussion contains 403 messages over 51 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version