Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 57 of 403
12 February 2016 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
Learning to write and memorize the Kanji 先 (sen = ahead). I am not sure whether its Arabic translation is قدما or not. As to how I wrote the Kanji, there's a plus symbol (+) on top of a "pi" letter (π), then on the left side of the plus symbol there's a small diagonal stroke with positive slope. I didn't care about stroke order, but I realized that the result when I wrote the plus symbol (+) first was slightly different from when I wrote the "pi" letter (π) first.
1 person has voted this message useful

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 58 of 403
13 February 2016 at 6:19pm | IP Logged 
Learning to write and memorize the Kanji 生 (umare = born). I am not sure whether its Arabic translation is مولود or not. Also, I keep mistaking it with "sen" (先) due to continous effort to write "sensei" (先生). Though, I'm glad that I'm finally able to write some familiar words/names:
学校 = gakkou (school)
先生 = sensei (teacher)
学生 = gakusei (student)
白 = haku
赤子 = akako
青子 = aoko
Regarding 先, I noticed that in the subtitle of Selector Spread WiXoSS' opening lyrics, the furigana reads "saki", then I checked in my grade 1 Kanji source and it can indeed be read as "saki". However, I still couldn't grasp the lyrics sentence "光と闇の先に" (hikari to yami no saki ni) and asked my brother. He said that it means "before light and darkness". Then I concluded that a pop song in my native language titled "Sebelum Cahaya" (Before the Light) could be translated to "光の先" (hikari no saki), right?

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 59 of 403
14 February 2016 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
Learnt that the Arabic word for "which" is "ayy". Still keep getting wrong vowels in the following letters, though. Also, reading other people's logs, seems like they can memorize 25 Kanji per day, and their flashcards set contains 500 cards. Am I who only memorize 1 Kanji 1 day and whose flashcards set only contains 40 cards too slow of a Kanji memorizing progress?

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 60 of 403
15 February 2016 at 11:28pm | IP Logged 
Hufffttt... The 7 Kanji last weeks are kinda hard to memorize... (赤, 青, 学, 校, 先, 生, and 年). I kept to try writing some familiar phrases to memorize them, like 千年パズル (Millennium Puzzle).

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 61 of 403
16 February 2016 at 6:26pm | IP Logged 
The flashcard for today is 花 (زهرة). Remember this post?
Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
When you teach your 1.5 year old niece to say a word which contains both a cluster and a diphtong. (Yes, I taught her to say the word "stegosaurus")

Her name is Hana. April 23, 2015 when she was born, I asked my sister what is her daughter's name. She answered that her daughter's name was Farhana Zahra Fadilah. I got amused because coincidentally, both "Hana" in Japanese and "Zahra" in Arabic have the same meaning: Flower. Yes, it was pure coincindence because at that time neither of her parents knew that "Hana" means "flower" in Japanese. In fact, the name "Farhana" was also from an Arabic word, means "our happiness". Ever since then, I call her "Hana".

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 62 of 403
17 February 2016 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Arabic-Japanese flashcards wave 3:

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 63 of 403
18 February 2016 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
The Arabic word for "river" is "nahr". To memorize this, I compare it with the Arabic word for "sea": "baHr". River is the icon for freshwater, while sea is the icon for saltwater, so it's not hard to treat them as opposites. The three root letters of "nahr" are n-h-r, while "baHr"'s is b-H-r. The last letters are already the same (r). Both have an "h" in the middle, albeit a stressed one in "baHr". As for the first letters, the Arabic letters for b and n are exactly the same, except that b has its dot on the bottom while n has its dot on the top.

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4917 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 

Message 64 of 403
19 February 2016 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
Learnt that the Arabic word for "ricefield" is حقل أرز (haqul arzun). This is the first Kanji in my Japanese-Arabic flashcards whose Arabic meaning consists of two words. Tried to learn its pronounciation using Google Translate but due to western people tend to have a hard time pronouncing Arabic as well as a bit influence from Dino Super Charge, what I heard was "Heckyl Air Zone".

This discussion contains 403 messages over 51 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version