Language Learning Forum : Members profiles Post Reply
basica
Australia
Joined 3317 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 
Studies: Serbian

Message 1 of 7
23 March 2015 at 2:20am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone, thank you for having me. I've been interested in learning languages for a
long time but I've only recently started being more proactive with it. I'm currently
studying Serbian. My family speaks it, but I sorta lost the language from disuse as I
grew up. I'm currently teaching myself from a textbook called "Bosnian, Croatian,
Serbian, a Textbook: With Exercises and Basic Grammar". I've finished the first couple
lessons and along with some practice with friends online and my parents I have already
made a nice bit of progress! :)

Anyways, I'm glad to meet you all and thanks again for having me :)
1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5043 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 7
23 March 2015 at 2:46am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum, basica! Have a look at Radioclare's log . She's learning Croatian.

You'll find the forum to be a supportive community. I wish you the best in re-learning your family's language!

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3561 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English
Studies: Italian, Mandarin, Romanian, Persian

Message 3 of 7
23 March 2015 at 3:20am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum!

I believe I corrected one of your posts that you wrote on lang-8 a couple of days ago. :)

---------------------
Добро дошао на форум!

Мислим да сам исправио један од твојих пост-ова који си написао на lang-8 пре неколико дана. :)

Edited by nikolic993 on 23 March 2015 at 5:09am

basica
Australia
Joined 3317 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 

Message 4 of 7
23 March 2015 at 3:55am | IP Logged 
Thank you both for the welcome :)

I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks for pointing me to it, iguanamon!

nikolic993, I believe you did - thank you for your help :) I noticed there's a few Serbs
on there which sorta surprised me - not complaining though as I'm loving the help :D

Edited by basica on 23 March 2015 at 3:56am

tangleweeds
Groupie
United States
Joined 3356 days ago

70 posts - 105 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Irish, French

Message 5 of 7
23 March 2015 at 8:47pm | IP Logged 
Hi there, from another newbie. In another thread you mentioned having studied Japanese in
college, so thought I'd drop by here to say "Me, too!" and "Welcome, fellow newbie!"
Surrounded by such impressive polyglots all around us here in the forum, I found it
reassuring to see someone else starting out with a single (somewhat obscure) language,
though we may have studied other languages in the past.

I'm currently learning Irish. Family connections led to my learning to play Irish
traditional music, and the tune names and old song lyrics in Irish have intrigued me for
years. Once I feel my Irish is on a good foundation, I'd like to revive my Japanese (more
family connections), and someday explore Russian and/or Norwegian...

Have you made yourself a langage log here? I'm finding mine very helpful in keeping my
motivation going steady, despite all the complexities life keeps putting in my path.

basica
Australia
Joined 3317 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 

Message 6 of 7
24 March 2015 at 1:46am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the welcome, tangleweeds.

Good luck with the Irish, looks like it'd be an interesting language to learn that's for
sure. I've considered creating a language log, dunno if I'll do that or not yet but we'll
see what happens - I'm not the kinda person who sticks well to routine and all that :P

guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3873 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 7 of 7
26 March 2015 at 8:19pm | IP Logged 
Welcome! You will indeed surely find a lot of interesting information, in this very
motivated community ;)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version