12 messages over 2 pages: 1
DrX
Ireland
Joined 3319 days ago

18 posts - 21 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 9 of 12
16 April 2015 at 1:17am | IP Logged 
Wow I had no idea those Insider courses existed. Are we sure they aren't some repackaged version of the vocab courses? Has anyone bought one? I'm confused @alang says they will be out in December but some are already available to buy? Are new editions coming out?? Should I go ahead and buy them?

As usual the team now behind the MT have made a bags of it again
1 person has voted this message useful

DrX
Ireland
Joined 3319 days ago

18 posts - 21 votes

Message 10 of 12
16 April 2015 at 1:20am | IP Logged 
Oh wait haha found the entry on the wikipedia that's cleared it up. Are they worth getting at all??

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5275 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 11 of 12
20 April 2015 at 2:47am | IP Logged 
Elexi wrote:
Has anyone ever used the language builder/masterclass - I have them, but never really
get beyond the first track as a) they are too long to be useful - I could be less lazy
and use Reaper to split the tracks into a manageable size, I suppose - and b) MT seems
to forget the stated method of English statement - pause - Target language and just read
out a string of words, which frustrates me.

I have used the MT Masterclass French. Not sure what your language level is like but I never found I needed
to 'split' any audio to create breathing space. I listened multiple times until I could repeat everything as the
audio plays along. I prob first listened to this while a B1 in French. Upon recent re-listening I found it a good
overview but would only rank Masterclass as a B1 at the very most (more like A2). Multiple listens or pausing
as you go should see you be able to listen and repeat at normal speed eventually despite the lack of audio
gaps- just speak over the top. Splitting tracks to me seems fiddly but each to their own

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 20 April 2015 at 2:49am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5364 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 12 of 12
20 April 2015 at 12:07pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Peter,

That is how I thought one best used the course. My French level is beyond the Language
Builder course, but not my German, which has been at a static A2 for years. I generally
start a language learning an audio phrasebook by this method, so maybe I will endure
long walks of listening and repeating the German course.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version