Language Learning Forum : Members profiles Post Reply
12 messages over 2 pages: 1
guiguixx1
Octoglot
Belgium
guillaumelp.wordpres
Joined 3852 days ago

163 posts - 207 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Dutch, Portuguese, Esperanto, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 9 of 12
26 March 2015 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
Hi, welcome in the community!
None of my friends understand me either. They get so desperate when I tell me the wonders
I learn every day in my languages. I have to stop talking about it, otherwise they almost
stop talking to me haha
Since you are improving your French, if you ever need any help, feel free to ask ;)
(although you can also ask anything on the forum itself ;) )
1 person has voted this message useful

basica
Australia
Joined 3296 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 
Studies: Serbian

Message 10 of 12
26 March 2015 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
From a fellow newbie, welcome to the forums - enjoy your stay :)

tangleweeds
Groupie
United States
Joined 3335 days ago

70 posts - 105 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Irish, French

Message 11 of 12
27 March 2015 at 6:05am | IP Logged 
I can imagine it being very frustrating having no-one to talk French with. I was lucky when
I studied it in high school because my friends all studied it too, so we could use it for
privacy in hallway conversations. We made up many terrible anglo/french-isms on the spot,
but those usually led to someone checking the dictionary for the real French word we
needed.

I've been intrigued by Norwegian lately too. I've liked all the Norwegians I've met, and I
love the beauty of Norway's landscape. It's definitely found its way into my imaginary
itinerary these days.

guiguixx1 wrote:
None of my friends understand me either. They get so desperate when I tell
me the wonders I learn every day in my languages. I have to stop talking about it,
otherwise they almost stop talking to me haha

That's been the story of my life. When I focus on something, I get very intensive about it,
but when I try to share whatever I'm so very interested in, I've seen peoples' eyes glaze
over pretty quickly. So now I chose friends who all have weird obsessions of their own.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 12 of 12
27 March 2015 at 9:24pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum! If you need any help with finding your way through learning Norwegian, drop me a line or check my log. I've been learning it since 2012 so I've been through most of the trouble already. It's a really fun and rewarding language with lots of books to read, films and specially TV series to watch.

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version