France
goo.gl/aT4FY7
Joined 3859 days ago

490 posts - 1158 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French
Studies: Breton, Italian

Message 25 of 26
07 May 2015 at 8:42am | IP Logged 
He didn't ask for a history of the glottal stop or representations of the A-sound in Yiddish, Biblical Hebrew, or Modern Hebrew either, yet here we are, answering questions the OP never thought to ask.

While it saddens me that you're so upset about it, I'm not going to apologise for giving someone the option of finding answers in their own time. It clearly did not discourage any discussion, and now the OP has another bow in his quiver he had not previously considered, if he needs his basic fact check done quicker next time. Cheers, Monox, for not taking offence!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Monox D. I-Fly
Indonesia
monoxdifly.iopc.us
Joined 4895 days ago

762 posts - 664 votes 
Speaks: Indonesian*

Message 26 of 26
07 May 2015 at 1:58pm | IP Logged 
Huh? I'm not upset about the discussion regarding the history of glottal stop. I just... feel kinda guilty here that I made people debating about quick search. In fact, I thank you about it. However as I explain before, I do the research myself while waiting for some responses.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version