Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Champs Elysees available again?

Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
habadzi
Super Polyglot
Greece
Joined 5374 days ago

70 posts - 106 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Hindi, French, German, Italian, Ancient Greek, Modern Hebrew, Arabic (classical), Indonesian, Bengali, Albanian, Nepali

Message 1 of 5
27 April 2015 at 8:28am | IP Logged 
I have been talking to a group that purchased the Champs Elysees material from its
owners. They were going to put them in apps, but the process proved too costly.

For those of you who may be too young, Champs Elysees were news magazines, delivered
about every month to subscribers. They are terrific intermediate-level resources in
French, Spanish, German and Italian.

The current owners of the material could pass this content to someone interested in
building a business.

The material could be sold as electronic files, including text on pdfs. (The age of
the news does not matter.) They could be again monthly installments or purchases in
bulk. But marketing is needed, and a pricing structure.

Is anyone interested? Please let me know, and I will pass on the information.

3 persons have voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3852 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 2 of 5
27 April 2015 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
Over the past couple of years, I have ordered language-learning materials from the suppliers below, all of whom have produced their own wares in the past and, presumably, have the business acumen necessary to reviving the Champs-Élysées and related products. In the hopes of enticing one of them to take on such a project, I have just sent all of them a short Email containing a link to this discussion thread.

Audio-Forum

Geophon

Hoerjuwel

Great Journeys

Teachers' Discovery

Revilo Education

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

EDIT:

I added Think Language to the group of suppliers of language-learning materials to whom I sent the link of this discussion thread. They have the expertise, they have an established customer base, and from my previous communications with the owner, they are quite familiar with the Champs Élysée products.

Edited by Speakeasy on 28 April 2015 at 12:25am

3 persons have voted this message useful

habadzi
Super Polyglot
Greece
Joined 5374 days ago

70 posts - 106 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Hindi, French, German, Italian, Ancient Greek, Modern Hebrew, Arabic (classical), Indonesian, Bengali, Albanian, Nepali

Message 3 of 5
27 April 2015 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
This would be very helpful. Let me know, and I will put people in contact.

Speakeasy wrote:
Over the past couple of years, I have ordered language-learning
materials from the suppliers below, all of whom have produced their own wares in the
past and, presumably, have the business acumen necessary to reviving the Champs-
Élysées and related products. In the hopes of enticing one of them to take on such a
project, I have just sent all of them a short Email containing a link to this
discussion thread.

Audio-Forum

Geophon

Hoerjuwel

Great Journeys

Teachers' Discovery

Revilo Education

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 person has voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3852 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 

Message 4 of 5
28 April 2015 at 3:32am | IP Logged 
Hello Habadzi,

I have sent you a Private Message concerning the reply I just received from one of the publishers that I listed in my post above. They have expressed interest in this business opportunity and would like to communicate with the current owners of the Champs Élysées materials.

Go Habs go, go Habs go!

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3852 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 

Message 5 of 5
29 April 2015 at 12:24am | IP Logged 
Hello Habadzi,

I received a reply from Revilo Education. The owner explained that, since he is retiring and hoping to sell his business, he will not be in a position to revive the Champs Élysées product line.

By the way, thank you for replying to my Private Message concerning the publisher who expressed interest. I sent them a copy of your reply.

Kind regards,
Speakeasy
Go Habs go ... as if I really believed that they had even a ghost of a chance!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version