Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Building an Intermediate English Resource

Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
YnEoS
United States
Joined 4053 days ago

472 posts - 893 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Czech, Swedish, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 1 of 1
28 April 2015 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
So I'm always wishing there were more learning resources that didn't just focus on teaching a language, but were also filled with interesting information. So today I thought to myself "hey, you're a native English speaker who knows some stuff about Film History, why not make an intermediate English resource that also teaches Film History???"

Basically my idea would be something like French in Action, but aimed at intermediate English students. I'd take clips from some of my favorite films in film history and talk continuously over them about what was going on in them, and add in some information about their importance in film history making sure all the vocabulary I use can be learned from the visuals in the video, to help intermediate students practice listening and build their vocabulary, while also learning about film history.

Then I'd upload these videos to youtube and hopefully inspire other people to something similar sorts of videos in their native languages on their interests.

Anyways, I don't know what it's like to learn English as an adult, and I know there's already a ton of English resources already out there, so I thought I'd throw this topic to all the successful English learners on this forum and ask if you guys think this would be a useful resource to put out there, and what sort of things could I do to make sure its useful to English learners?

Edited by YnEoS on 28 April 2015 at 9:30pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version