France
Joined 3288 days ago

9 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 1
29 April 2015 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
Hi !

I'm french, still working for a few months. In august, I'll be leaving my job for one
year of travelling. We'll roughly spend 6
months in asia, and 6 months in south america. I'm here to get ready ready, language
wise, for south america :)

Since my time is limited and learning one language is difficult enough, I chose to
focus on Spanish at the moment. English isn't
the ideal language for connecting with people, but it will be convenient enough most
of the time. Focusing on Spanish is a though
choice, because learning some russian or reactiving some of my chinese would be great
as well, but it's always a matter of
compromises.
Learning Spanish is not difficult, but it requires efforts and steady work. I love it.
I'll open a log quickly to share my goals,
experiments and failures.

By the way, we'll go to Russia, Mongolia, China, Lao and Cambodia during the first
half of the trip. Maybe some people from these
countries are on this forum. We'd love to meet people on the way, Maybe we can
connect, and trade some help with learning some
french or the french culture in exchange of tips regarding trivia, history, where to
go, or even accomodation (let's dream !).

Edited by Fasulye on 30 May 2015 at 2:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version