Japan
yaniglot.tumblr.com/
Joined 3277 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB2, Japanese, Italian

Message 1 of 2
22 May 2015 at 8:01am | IP Logged 
Hey, all! I've recently signed up for the Output Challenge, and here's where I'll post my written progress towards my goal of 100 pages. (Not sure if I'll post my audio anywhere- especially not my singing YIKES- but if I do, I'll also post it here!)

I currently live in Japan, but I don't feel like I'm fully using this wonderful opportunity I have to accelerate my Japanese learning. On a daily basis, I think I actually might speak more English than I do Japanese... and when I DO speak Japanese, my co-workers let me get away with a ton of bad habits. (Poor grammar construction, relying too heavily on miming, etc.) So my listening comprehension has really improved since moving here, but I want to focus more on my output. I want to sound more native when I speak Japanese, and I want to be able to conversationally survive at drinking parties with co-workers.

So while I love listening to music, watching movies, and reading comics in Japanese, it's time to bust out my notebooks and bad karaoke skills. Here we go!

My written posts will read a lot like journal entries- I'll try not to make it too personal. And my audio posts will be 100% rambling and bad song covers! (Possibly some dictation, as well.) Wish me luck! 私はがんばります!

CURRENT LEVEL: Output-wise, definitely low-intermediate. Maybe B1, if I'm being nice.
GOAL: Maybe B2-C1...ish. Honestly, my goal is to speak Japanese quickly and more naturally.
1 person has voted this message useful

yanni
Japan
yaniglot.tumblr.com/
Joined 3277 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB2, Japanese, Italian

Message 2 of 2
22 May 2015 at 4:53pm | IP Logged 
こんにちは。私の名前はアヤナですけど、ヤ ニとよんでください!今、私は徳島に住んで います。英語の先生で
す。ALTというの仕事です。8月から、ここで すんでいます。私の生活は楽しいですが、時 々これはほんまに大変で
すよ!中学校の先生ですから、私はいつも疲 れた。でもその仕事は私の夢よ~子供のとき に、日本に住んでいたか
った。(正しい過去形か?)中学生時に、ま んがをよく読んだから、日本の文化に興味が あった。いつか、大学の
先生になりたい。日本の歴史がほんまに大好 きです!日本の武士に興味がある。全部の武 士の中で、伊達政宗は
一番大好き。ほんまにかっこい!武田信玄も すばらしいよ。わ~歴史の先生になりたいよ !ぺらぺらの日本語はなし
たい。がんばります!
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version